Fev's new coach is

12 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Sean Long.

Long shot for promotion next year? 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Bit of a gamble in that he's never been a head coach and I'd have doubts about the type of culture he'll be able to create but good luck to him.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

16 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not sure it is a gamble, they will still be good enough for playoffs if they spend half the cash and still won´t be expected to go up. Changing the playing style as they are less dominant is probably a good compromise. 

Of course it's a gamble. The club aren't aiming to finish midtable, they're trying to get promoted. Placing responsibility for that in the hands of someone with no head coaching experience is a huge gamble. Fans were on at Mac after losing 3 league games. If Long loses a couple he's going to be under pressure. He has to make the final as a minimum.

3736-mipm.gif

Have you ever thought that life is a gamble. Let's just see hope he goes and give him a chance. I can see more players being interested in signing for him than Mac.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, haskey said:

Have you ever thought that life is a gamble. Let's just see hope he goes and give him a chance. I can see more players being interested in signing for him than Mac.

Happy to give him a chance and hope he does well. Fans seem happy with it which is a good start as I dont think Mac ever really got the fans onside.

• Like 1

3736-mipm.gif

coaching is all about making important choices and decisions that affect the future - what could possibly go wrong with a guy who went through the thought process and decided on  having an oil slick tattooed on his throat ?

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

coaching is all about making important choices and decisions that affect the future - what could possibly go wrong with a guy who went through the thought process and decided on  having an oil slick tattooed on his throat ?

Ha...I did enjoy his autobiography but wouldn't want him in charge of something I liked 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can't be worse than McDermott..........Been a while since I've seen a Fev team so uninspired as we were this season.

We just got progressively worse as the season went on and the expansive rugby we played under Webster and Carr eroded away.

Hopefully he'll help us bring in some good young forwards and get the best out of Ford.

• Like 2

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Wasn't Longy once Director of Rugby at Feb?

He had some sort of role than took over as caretaker coach when Powell went to Cas in 2013 for the rest of that season.

Finished top.   Then moved on as we'd already lined up John Bastian who was a disaster and lasted 11 games 😑

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Every so often you can see something a mile off that is destined for failure. This is the impending failure of 2023. The illiterate ramblings in his autobiography and the way he tells his stories about law breaking as if they are the slightest bit funny tells you everything about his childish mentality. Not a cat in hells he makes a coach. It will be a 'free for all' for the Fev players next season which is a shame because i want them in SL, an expanded one ideally but no chance now.

Has to be good news for Featherstone to have a Wigan lad at the helm. Keen for it to work out. 

A gamble to choose someone who has never been a head coach? In my view, the only way Fev could attract a former head coach would be to sign one who hadn't been a success at SL or NRL level. Hmmm. ..on reflection.....🤔

Edited by JohnM

11 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Amazing player - remember when he ran rings round the Aussies in 2006 in Sydney- hope he does well and great to see a British coach get a top job at a great club.

He did, I was there to see it. Unfortunately he then got very drunk on a plane, fell out with the coach and flew home mid tour.

Great rugby player, but not been able to hold on to a single coaching job long term since he retired - in either League or rah rah.

I can't see this working out well at all for Fev but suspect it's going to be an entertaining show for us neutrals.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JohnM said:

Has to be good news for Featherstone to have a Wigan lad at the helm. Keen for it to work out. 

A gamble to choose someone who has never been a head coach? In my view, the only way Fev could attract a former head coach would be to sign one who hadn't been a success at SL or NRL level. Hmmm. ..on reflection.....🤔

Been there done that 😆 🤣 

13 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

He did, I was there to see it. Unfortunately he then got very drunk on a plane, fell out with the coach and flew home mid tour.

Great rugby player, but not been able to hold on to a single coaching job long term since he retired - in either League or rah rah.

I can't see this working out well at all for Fev but suspect it's going to be an entertaining show for us.

Edited by Fevrover