Desert Island Discs

I usually miss the programme during the NRL season, as there's a match on at the same time. But I listen every now and then, including the recent one with Sue Barker, who had a more eclectic choice of music than I expected: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001c678 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm thinking Coldplay, Travis and Toploader.

Just kidding, I'm sure it will be a great listen and will make sure I catch it.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

32 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Especially Owdham edge, with the line "now your touching t'yorkshire line you can't see nowt past there but grime" 🤔

Funny how Lancashire pinched Saddleworth and Delph from the West Riding in 1974, just to give it some unheard-of rates income and use them on brochures.

Saddleworth under Lancastrian rule:

Community scheme returns in Saddleworth after toilet troubles - Quest Media  Network - Tameside Radio, Tameside Reporter, Oldham Reporter, Glossop  Chronicle

Note the Parish Council still flaunts the White Rose.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Former rugby league star Kevin Sinfield is planning to run more than 300 miles (482km) in one week to raise money for motor neurone disease (MND) research.

The challenge will start at Murrayfield in Edinburgh and before moving on to Melrose, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, York, Leeds, and Bradford before culminating with Sinfield running into Old Trafford at half-time during the men's World Cup Final on 19 November.

No mention of Oldham on the route. That cobbled ringroad would play havoc with his ankles.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Funny how Lancashire pinched Saddleworth and Delph from the West Riding in 1974, just to give it some unheard-of rates income and use them on brochures.

Saddleworth under Lancastrian rule:

Community scheme returns in Saddleworth after toilet troubles - Quest Media  Network - Tameside Radio, Tameside Reporter, Oldham Reporter, Glossop  Chronicle

Note the Parish Council still flaunts the White Rose.

Nearly right, but not quite. Saddleworth, including Delph, were not pinched by the county palatine that is Lancashire, but by that made up metropolitan county of Greater Manchester. Saddleworth, including Delph, are still in Prince Andrews county. 😉

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Nearly right, but not quite. Saddleworth, including Delph, were not pinched by the county palatine that is Lancashire, but by that made up metropolitan county of Greater Manchester. Saddleworth, including Delph, are still in Prince Andrews county. 😉

A dog born in a stable is not a horse.

😉😄

Edited by Wolford6

bump

Starting in a minute or two.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, bratman said:

Bingo! Almost 🙂

1 out of 3. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson