Mr. Chairman

phildog

The club kept this quiet; at last week's Championships' Awards Kevin Nicholas was awarded a Special Award. It adds to the high regard in which Kev and the club are held. Congratulations Kevin.

• Like 6

HIGH REGARD?,the same judges gave barra championship club a year,and coach a year?? how the hell linners never made that one is beyond me, BATLEY   did it with our own players, some other teams were bolstered up with top quality shoe ins from kr,fc.rhinos,warrington,st helens, etc etc, stinks for me all the loan/dr and if you take those players out from 2022 season it would be a totaly different table and top 6.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, silverback said:

BATLEY   did it with our own players, some other teams were bolstered up with top quality shoe ins from kr,fc.rhinos,warrington,st helens, etc etc, stinks for me all the loan/dr and if you take those players out from 2022 season it would be a totaly different table and top 6.

Hmm...shall we talk about Connor Carr, who scored a crucial try that helped earn Batley a draw against Fev whilst on loan? Not to mention all the loanees from Batley who went out to other clubs. All perfectly legitimate by Batley imo, but you presumably think different, unless you want one rule for your club and another for others?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Hmm...shall we talk about Connor Carr, who scored a crucial try that helped earn Batley a draw against Fev whilst on loan? Not to mention all the loanees from Batley who went out to other clubs. All perfectly legitimate by Batley imo, but you presumably think different, unless you want one rule for your club and another for others?

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Of course we do! 

We hate level playing fields

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

your right, spot on but that were one player and he made a difference then,so when we turn up to play some teams and they have 4 or 5 players with no names on tback a shirts week after week that must also make a tilt in the weekends results, our loan players were out for gametime as they couldent get in our squad,some dident come back anyway so they have got a gig with another club, like i say when its top quality players from wakey/leeds/wire and hull week after week its not right, needs to be binned for good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Don't know Rog, League Express didn't elaborate. Silverback; be fair, 4th in a first season back wasn't it... or am I imagining that?

i were thinking of our opposition,PD, not us,  think of the teams we have met this year who had top players drop into the squad that made one hell of a difference, take them out and its a different kettle a fish in the whole table. i wish someone would compile a list a players who have been on loan this season, not young players trying to gain skills but top quality players who are hand picked for slots in many squads.

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yep, don't forget the 19 year old Giants academy player who was playing at Oldham before being loaned to us.

See your point you're making about Silverback stating loans/DR stinks (I don't back DR either) but whilst we were loaning players OUT they weren't helping us beat Fev.

Edited by BatleyFanAndy

SIGNATURE

1 hour ago, BatleyFanAndy said:

Yep, don't forget the 19 year old Giants academy player who was playing at Oldham before being loaned to us.

See your point you're making about Silverback stating loans/DR stinks (I don't back DR either) but whilst we were loaning players OUT they weren't helping us beat Fev.

This is my point...it's fine to be against loans/DR, but you have to be consistent, if as a fan you're against Championship teams using experienced SL players on loan against Batley you should also be against clubs like Keighley and Oldham using experienced Championship players like Toby Everett and Nyle Flynn on loan in League 1, right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fair point, apologies. He deserves massive credit for his stewardship of the club.

Very true.

I wonder if there is a succession plan, as in all good businesses?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.