World cup - the bookies odds thread

32 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Aussies to get knocked out in semi final. You heard it here first.

and last 😂.

After all, if you listen to most of this forum NZ are so bad they basically shouldn't have even qualified for the tournament!

39 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Aussies to get knocked out in semi final. You heard it here first.

Elvis to be found alive shacked up with Michael Jackson in Doncaster Travelodge more likely 

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Wide open? I thought NZ were a shower 🤔.

It's a bit pathetic taking debates onto different threads. Yes they were a shower at the last World Cup, that is why they lost to Fiji and Tonga. You do realise this is 5 years later don't you? Jesus wept.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's a bit pathetic taking debates onto different threads. Yes they were a shower at the last World Cup, that is why they lost to Fiji and Tonga. You do realise this is 5 years later don't you? Jesus 

Whereas going back over old messages and putting derogatory emojis on them is a real classy move.

Stop going round in circles and changing your argument to suit your needs, you said they were a shower now you're trying to say they're as good as Australia!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Whereas going back over old messages and putting derogatory emojis on them is a real classy move.

Stop going round in circles and changing your argument to suit your needs, you said they were a shower now you're trying to say they're as good as Australia!

Making stuff up again, I laughed at your last two posts on the other thread because they were comical. NZ were a shower at the last world Cup, I mean I specifically said losing to Fiji and Tonga and it's all in the other thread for all to see.

If you get this upset then maybe forums aren't for you, talk about triggered.

Just now, Damien said:

Making stuff up again, I laughed at your last two posts on the other thread because they were comical. NZ were a shower at the last world Cup, I mean I specifically said losing to Fiji and Tonga and it's all in the other thread for all to see.

If you get this upset then maybe forums aren't for you, talk about triggered.

Triggered? I'd argue that if you're having to go find old posts to put a laugh emoji on then that might be you!

I was misrepresenting your argument on purpose, but I'm not quite as good at it as you so I'll leave you to show me how it's done.

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Easiest sixty quid you’ll ever make. 

Never say NEVER mate. 

Sure things have a real habit of becoming unsure and I expect a few "surprises" this year. The Kiwis are a mystery, but if McGuire is as good a coach as I think he is, then Australia will be praying that they don't meet them in the final. England for me are the joker in the pack. If they can unleash a fantastic opening performance then the comp (and game) will get a huge boost, but if they struggle so will the comp.

Samoa, Tonga, Fiji....all are dangerous and packed with NRL talent, so whilst the Aussies are good, they're not bolted on!

3 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Triggered? I'd argue that if you're having to go find old posts to put a laugh emoji on then that might be you!

I was misrepresenting your argument on purpose, but I'm not quite as good at it as you so I'll leave you to show me how it's done.

Course you were. Caught out lying then changing your tune yet again. After the other thread moving on you've now carried your nonsense across to here, it's strange how you can't leave things. I'm out, you've now bored me on two threads.

1 minute ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Literally ANYONE can be there, but you'd have to say England, New Zealand, Australia and Tonga SHOULD feature. 

Without doubt, I meant who will be the winners of the two semi finals is wide open. Indeed its probably wide open which two of England, Samoa and Tonga actually get there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not sure bookies work on sentiment or nostalgia. This will have been risk assessed quite thoroughly. Across a couple of threads you seem quite against the idea this Samoa side will do well this world cup. I get you watch SL but I believe i've seen you write you are in fact Australia, yet you back England harder than any Englishman on here. Not fibbing to us are you, Rooster, you big closet Pom! 🤣

You can’t tell me a single one of the bookies have even watched a game of super league I’m very confident there making there odds based on media speculation. But they’ll be the ones losing money so it’s good. Personally I just don’t get the hype around the Samoan team I’ve been analysing if for a long time and there a dozens of flaws in that side. Me backing England to well is simple it’s just based on the squad they have selected (which is a better than Samoa's) along there consistent results for the last 114 years. Backing Samoa is boldest call of them all, England should and will be the set in stone favourites for this game and it will be that way for next 50+ years. 

The fact is Great Britain/England Presently has only ever lost to a (tier 2 not Wales, France, Australia and New Zealand) twice. once to PNG In 1990 and once to Italy in 2013. Out of 114 years it is the definition of bold to not back them against anyone bar Australia and New Zealand.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

You can’t tell me a single one of the bookies have even watched a game of super league I’m very confident there making there odds based on media speculation. But they’ll be the ones losing money so it’s good. Personally I just don’t get the hype around the Samoan team I’ve been analysing if for a long time and there a dozens of flaws in that side. Me backing England to well is simple it’s just based on the squad they have selected (which is a better than Samoa's) along there consistent results for the last 114 years. Backing Samoa is boldest call of them all, England should and will be the set in stone favourites for this game and it will be that way for next 50+ years. 

The fact is Great Britain/England Presently has only ever lost to a (tier 2 not Wales, France, Australia and New Zealand) twice once to PNG In 1990 and once to Italy in 2013. Out of 114 years it is the definition of bold to not back them against anyone bar Australia and New Zealand.

You have persuaded me that England are a great bet to reach the final!

However there are no odds for each way I don't think. 

It would have to be win then back Australia/New Zealand to win the final and ensure a profit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyRoosters said:

The fact is Great Britain/England Presently has only ever lost to a (tier 2 not Wales, France, Australia and New Zealand) twice once to PNG In 1990 and once to Italy in 2013. Out of 114 years it is the definition of bold to not back them against anyone bar Australia and New Zealand.

Great Britain losing to PNG & Tonga in 2019?

It’s actually really impressive how you continue to pretend that tour never happened!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AB90 said:

Great Britain losing to PNG & Tonga in 2019?

It’s actually really impressive how you continue to pretend that tour never happened!

I am classing it on the primary national team at the time:

1908-1970 ENG

1975 ENG

1976-1994 GB

1995- ENG

(1948-1974 GB*)

(2001-2007 GB*)

The Great Britain tour in 2019 was not a full strength England squad, I’ve said it before they had an Australian HB on the wing. Based on pure fact you can class the 2019 tour as “The Primary national team”.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I am classing it on the primary national team at the time:

1908-1974 GB

1975 ENG

1976-1994 GB

1995- ENG

(2001-2007 GB*)

The Great Britain tour in 2019 was not a full strength England squad, I’ve said it before they had an Australian HB on the wing. Based on pure fact you can class the 2019 tour as “The Primary national team”.

What an earth are you talking about lol.
Based on pure fact, GB in theory are a superior team to England as they have a wider pool of players to pick from.

No team playing internationals at the end of a long season are ‘full strength’ and that’s Including the PNG team missing Lachlan Lam, Nene McDonald, Xavier Coates and probably more.

So any team who can’t field full strength squad and lose, we as fans have the right to pretend that the result never happened. Got it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AB90 said:

What an earth are you talking about lol.
Based on pure fact, GB in theory are a superior team to England as they have a wider pool of players to pick from.

No team playing internationals at the end of a long season are ‘full strength’ and that’s Including the PNG team missing Lachlan Lam, Nene McDonald, Xavier Coates and probably more.

So any team who can’t field full strength squad and lose, we as fans have the right to pretend that the result never happened. Got it.

Based on pure definition and fact that team was not the primary England squad at the time and therefore shouldn’t be considered when talking about GB/ENG all time results. You can argue ol you want about the strength of team or how close It was to the England squad but the fact is it’s not England so it doesn’t matter. Also what players do Great Britain have a availabile that would make it better than the England squad. Only one I can think of is Luke Keary but he obviously wouldn’t play for Great Britain. 

Edited by SydneyRoosters