Elite 1 Round 2

It will take some time to see how things work out. Miloudi is out after his injury at the weekend against England Knights - 2 months I hear. Jullien now at Pia will not play till World Cup is finished. Limoux who lost ten players from their GF against Carcassonne. Also their outstanding Australian full back Santo not back before December.

Interesting to see how St Gaudens go with Garbutt as player/coach and a few signings. TO Elite 1 have really raised their group with some players who where in the French 'B' side who played England Knights recently. The 10 sides hopefully being closer together this year.

• Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Dragons reserve team up against Limoux. See that 8 of the players who played against Wigan 4-48 loss will be there tomorow interestingly. Only two from last year's lot - winger Rey and centre Jobe I think.

Curtain raiser is Under 19's. A certain Alex Chan features but probably not his dad who is Manager of the Dragons - are there more to follow Joe Melbourne bound and eldest Tiaki now making his was in the SL's group. Add on to a certain Audric Le Cam possibly younger brother of Corentin who is in the French World Cuo group

Edited by audois
  • Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

Is Audric Le Cam tall too?

Not as tall of him I think !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gomersall said:

No livestream. No sign of the line up. Poor by Catalans IMO.

That seems a bit harsh, Gomersall.

Do you know why there is no livestream?  If it is for a technical reason beyond the club's immediate control, exactly what do you expect them to do about it?

As for no line-up, it was posted on their website on Friday, where I read it!  Here it is:

RESERVE TEAM SQUAD TO FACE LIMOUX

http://www.catalansdragons.com/photos/datPhoto1_633fdb1157f9b_.jpg

Catalans Dragons reserve team headcoach Eamon O'Carroll has named his squad for Saturday's game against Limoux in the French Elite Championship round 2, kick-off at 5.15 pm CEST.

The squad

Yacine Ben Abdeslem
Tom Bonillo
Loan Castano
Lenny Chachoua 
Nicolas Chalmey
Enzo Colchero
Enzo Delbe
Romain Humbert
Maxime Jobe
Léo Laurent
Léo Llong
Mike Parenti
Corentin Rey
Lucas Ribas
Adrien Salies
Bastien Scimone
Ryan Tadjeur
Ugo Tison

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

That seems a bit harsh, Gomersall.

Do you know why there is no livestream?  If it is for a technical reason beyond the club's immediate control, exactly what do you expect them to do about it?

As for no line-up, it was posted on their website on Friday, where I read it!  Here it is:

RESERVE TEAM SQUAD TO FACE LIMOUX

Catalans Dragons reserve team headcoach Eamon O'Carroll has named his squad for Saturday's game against Limoux in the French Elite Championship round 2, kick-off at 5.15 pm CEST.

The squad

Yacine Ben Abdeslem
Tom Bonillo
Loan Castano
Lenny Chachoua 
Nicolas Chalmey
Enzo Colchero
Enzo Delbe
Romain Humbert
Maxime Jobe
Léo Laurent
Léo Llong
Mike Parenti
Corentin Rey
Lucas Ribas
Adrien Salies
Bastien Scimone
Ryan Tadjeur
Ugo Tison

Fair comment about the livestream. They name a squad but I struggle to then find information on the actual Catalans 1-17. The same happened in round 1. Most, if not all, of the other teams in Elite 1 manage to get their 1-17 out on SM prior to kick off.

Edited by Gomersall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so I'm trying to watch the Toulouse v Avignon match (on Facebook of all places) and the camera is shaking all over the place and going in and out of focus, all I can hear is the sound of the wind and I can't see any of the pitch markings.

How is this even remotely good? 

When is the French Federation going to set a minimum standards and bring all their weekly coverage under one roof? 

The coverage is barely watchable 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Ok so I'm trying to watch the Toulouse v Avignon match (on Facebook of all places) and the camera is shaking all over the place and going in and out of focus, all I can hear is the sound of the wind and I can't see any of the pitch markings.

How is this even remotely good? 

When is the French Federation going to set a minimum standards and bring all their weekly coverage under one roof? 

The coverage is barely watchable 

@ATLANTISMAN any thoughts or updates? Whatever happened to Monday nights on YouTube with electronic advertising boards?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Actually zoom meeting tomorrow on this subject for the new season, will post as soon as decision is made.

Feedback from me to forward onto Mr Lacoste:

Minimum standards for Elite One should consist of: 

- Clearly visible and professional pitch markings with grass trimmed to appropriate level

- Elite One social media accounts created and pushing out content on Twitter, Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, every club should have an account and creating content also

- Elite One match highlights of each game on Elite One You tube channel 

- All games to be produced by a single production company or the Federation and shown on an Elite One YouTube channel or a single, easily identifiable platform 

- Professional multi camera broadcast quality match day presentation of selected Elite One matches. (Better to have one or two high quality productions than 5 poorly filmed games)

- Every game broadcast must have commentary, display the score, game clock and tackle count 

- Modern advertising hoardings around the pitch 

These quick wins will make a huge difference to the credibility of the competition 

Edited by The Daddy

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know any of the week 2 (or indeed 1) attendances? Just being nosey as I’m an attendance nerd 🤓 

I went to the games at St Esteve and Carcassonne and I’d put them both around 500 to 600.

On the plus side I thought the standard had gone up (Haven’t caught an Elite 1 since covid started).

Limoux looked organised and strong.

Hard to judge ASC and Albi as it was one of those games with a lot of dropped ball, ASC with the more settled performance and with more strike hence the win. 

• Thanks 2