Group C and D only interesting group

Even though a ball hasn't been kicked it apparent that Groups A and B we already know who is going through. Group C will have NZ top the group with great interest between Ireland, Lebanon and Jamaica on who advances. While in Group D Tonga are locked in, PNG will be favourites to progress but its no lock. Who do you have advancing in Group D and C. 

Obviously interesting is a matter of opinion, and even if house assume England and Samoa are going through in Group A it’s not clear who will finish top. 

Group D is as nailed on as any - 1, Tonga, 2, PNG, 3, Cook Islands 4, Wales. 

I’m tipping PNG & Ireland.

Interesting depends on what people enjoy. I’m interested in seeing how France go for example leading to their own World Cup so that group is more interesting to me than others even though it’s 1000 to 1 they make the quarters.

Least interesting group for me is Australia’s group. I enjoy watching Fiji but their fate is pretty much set in stone this World Cup, lose by 30+ to Australia (hopefully less), beat Italy & Scotland by 30+ then lose to NZ in the quarters. Stranger things have happened though.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Obviously interesting is a matter of opinion, and even if house assume England and Samoa are going through in Group A it’s not clear who will finish top. 

Group D is as nailed on as any - 1, Tonga, 2, PNG, 3, Cook Islands 4, Wales. 

Are Cook Islands a write off? PNG have never really done well on travels to the UK, I think there is something in that game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That’s how a draw works and how a World Cup goes. Some games will be blowouts and others will be close. 

Yes, the World Cup really is the best example of how sporting events are not purely the stuff on the field. People should go along and enjoy the cultural side, the colour, sounds, sights of the events. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, the World Cup really is the best example of how sporting events are not purely the stuff on the field. People should go along and enjoy the cultural side, the colour, sounds, sights of the events. 

Yes, how many games are in Warrington again? 😂

20 minutes ago, Damien said:

In one of the other threads Dave posted how many cultural events are going on in the town shopping centre, market, local schools. It will be a great place to enjoy the world cup especially if the weather is reasonable. Unfortunately I've yet to find another town/city with a similar programme.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, jim_57 said:

I’m tipping PNG & Ireland.

Interesting depends on what people enjoy. I’m interested in seeing how France go for example leading to their own World Cup so that group is more interesting to me than others even though it’s 1000 to 1 they make the quarters.

Least interesting group for me is Australia’s group. I enjoy watching Fiji but their fate is pretty much set in stone this World Cup, lose by 30+ to Australia (hopefully less), beat Italy & Scotland by 30+ then lose to NZ in the quarters. Stranger things have happened though.

I‘ll have a fiver on France to make the quarters at 900/1 if you’re offering Jim 😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I think that proves my point exactly, what could be more cultured than a trip to beautiful Cheshire? 

Don't answer please. 

On a serious point, Browny answered it for me. There looks some great stuff in Warrington for the rlwc 

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think that proves my point exactly, what could be more cultured than a trip to beautiful Cheshire? 

Don't answer please. 

On a serious point, Browny answered it for me. There looks some great stuff in Warrington for the rlwc 

Yeah, I'm sure Warrington will do it proud. Just kidding anyway mate.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I don't know what you're problem is Davo, counting down the first page of threads there's only 16 to do with the World Cup! 😉

There are a few new members trying to reach 3 figures before the RWC starts.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Young Blood said:

Cook Islands at full strength can challenge Tonga but they aren't. 

What would a full strength Cook Islands be, do you mean if everybody who could possibly play for them did, instead of choosing Australia, NZ, Tonga and Samoa. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What would a full strength Cook Islands be, do you mean if everybody who could possibly play for them did, instead of choosing Australia, NZ, Tonga and Samoa. 

1. Nikol Klokstad

2. Rapana

3. Masters 

4. Nikoure 

5. V Holmes 

6. J Manu 

7. Dargan 

8. J papilii 

10. Tamou 

11. Piakura 

12. F Molo

13 Tapine 

8 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

1. Nikol Klokstad

2. Rapana

3. Masters 

4. Nikoure 

5. V Holmes 

6. J Manu 

7. Dargan 

8. J papilii 

10. Tamou 

11. Piakura 

12. F Molo

13 Tapine 

Why aren’t they all in the Cook Islands squad then? 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Don't answer please. 

Cheshire? Don’t you know that post-1974 county boundaries don’t apply on this forum? 

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Post-1965 Beeching railway cuts certainly apply though. 

Leigh station, when built, was in Atherton not Leigh. It only became part of Leigh in 1894 when that part of the Atherton township was added to Leigh Urban District. I don’t recognise modern boundary changes like that, Leigh has never had a station. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Leigh station, when built, was in Atherton not Leigh. It only became part of Leigh in 1894 when that part of the Atherton township was added to Leigh Urban District. I don’t recognise modern boundary changes like that, Leigh has never had a station. 

Why you talking about Leigh? Who ever mentioned Leigh? Why are you talking about a random town in Greater Manchester, not Lancashire, that doesn't have a railway station? They're not topics that have been brought up in the 1,000,000th World Cup thread.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Why you talking about Leigh? Who ever mentioned Leigh? Why are you talking about a random town in Greater Manchester, not Lancashire, that doesn't have a railway station? They're not topics that have been brought up in the 1,000,000th World Cup thread.

I thought it was obligatory to turn every thread on this forum into a discussion about Leigh? 

• Like 1

This must be the most gratuitous Leigh / railway insertion to a completely-unrelated thread yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.