fite.tv World Cup Coverage

For fans outside the UK, France, Aust, NZ etc, this service

Rugby League World Cup: All Events Men's Bundle - Official PPV Live Stream - FITE

appears to offer the whole world cup live coverage to countries where there is no TV deal.

Has anyone heard of this company?

Is anyone thinking of using it?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Rugby League World Cup: All Events Men's Bundle - Official PPV Live Stream - FITE

appears to offer the whole world cup live coverage to countries where there is no TV deal.

I hadn't heard of them but it looks genuine.

Pretty low grade but genuine.

'Deal' reported here: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/fite-tv-air-upcoming-rugby-league-world-cup-91011736.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I have an app on my smart TV called FITE. Might have to check it out to see if its the same. Though assume being in the eUK there would be some sort of geo block on WC games, though if its PPV maybe not.

Though obvs wouldn't need to, with games on the BBC.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

It seems that in large parts of the world there will be no TV coverage of the rugby league World Cup, which is most disappointing. I am thinking South America, Africa, Asia and many parts of Europe. I’m not even sure if it is on in the Pacific Islands? Can anyone enlighten us? 

On 07/10/2022 at 11:42, marklaspalmas said:

You completely improved my day with this news. 

I'll buy it, as there's no tv deal in Ita. 

• Like 1

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Yes, I’ve signed up, $100 for every game in the tournament streaming on any device including Apple TV. Great deal! FITE is associated with Triller by the looks of it.

As mentioned, they mainly show combat sports on the ‘edgier’ or alternative end of the spectrum such as AEW wrestling, Bare Knuckle Boxing and exhibition boxing such as Jake Paul and Mayweather fights. Given RL’s ‘edgy alternative’ kind of vibe it’s an interesting fit. Will be interesting to see subscription numbers. 

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 07/10/2022 at 05:51, RugbyLeagueGermany said:

Unfortunately, since there is no TV contract in Germany and the streaming service "DAZN" has not acquired any rights, I am forced to use this service. The cost of the World Cup is 49.99 US dollars.

Interesting that I’m in the US and it cost me $100 US. Good deal to watch every game if you ask me, even better at $49.99!

3736-mipm.gif

4 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Interesting that I’m in the US and it cost me $100 US. Good deal to watch every game if you ask me, even better at $49.99!

Anyone tried using a VPN to sign up from a cheaper region than where they actually are?

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Anyone tried using a VPN to sign up from a cheaper region than where they actually are?

VPN.

BBC i player.

Every game anywhere in the world and legal. 

Viaplay the new streaming service over here (that has snatched the PL,F1 and World Darts of the main ppv Dutch channels) is showing every world cup game.

Scandinavian company that operates in the Nordic countries,Baltic countries Poland, Netherlands and according to their wiki page the USA.

Any one stateside this maybe worth checking out.

Viaplay is planning to launch in the UK in November this year and the aggressive way they have taken major sports of big players over here( Fox /ESPN and Ziggo ) makes me wonder if they are going to challenge SKY and BT Sport for the PPV audience.

Luckily the BBC 1 and 2 is available in most of the Netherlands so no extra costs or VPN needed here.

edit.

Fite not available in my region...just checked...looks like Viaplay have the rights ...yet BBC as I said is a mainstream TV channel.

Little strange that.

Edited by yanto

9 minutes ago, yanto said:

VPN.

BBC i player.

Every game anywhere in the world and legal. 

Viaplay the new streaming service over here (that has snatched the PL,F1 and World Darts of the main ppv Dutch channels) is showing every world cup game.

Scandinavian company that operates in the Nordic countries,Baltic countries Poland, Netherlands and according to their wiki page the USA.

Any one stateside this maybe worth checking out.

Viaplay is planning to launch in the UK in November this year and the aggressive way they have taken major sports of big players over here( Fox /ESPN and Ziggo ) makes me wonder if they are going to challenge SKY and BT Sport for the PPV audience.

Luckily the BBC 1 and 2 is available in most of the Netherlands so no extra costs or VPN needed here.

edit.

Fite not available in my region...just checked...looks like Viaplay have the rights ...yet BBC as I said is a mainstream TV channel.

Little strange that.

Good point. Not all VPNs manage to bamboozle the BBC streaming service, but even so, that was the obvious solution that I looked straight past.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Good point. Not all VPNs manage to bamboozle the BBC streaming service, but even so, that was the obvious solution that I looked straight past.

I have cyber ghost and they have an iplayer specific vpn.

Just listened to the lastest Chasing Roos RLA podcast and they had the CEO of FITE on talking about the deal. Fairly interesting and a potential longer term partner if the WC goes well.

• Like 2

3736-mipm.gif

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I have cyber ghost and they have an iplayer specific vpn.

Just listened to the lastest Chasing Roos RLA podcast and they had the CEO of FITE on talking about the deal. Fairly interesting and a potential longer term partner if the WC goes well.

So did you shell out $100 or not? Your previous post suggested that you'd paid. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

So did you shell out $100 or not? Your previous post suggested that you'd paid. 

yeah, i got the FITE TV deal. Much easier as I can now just go to apple TV on my main telly without messing around with laptops and VPNs. Also good to support providers willing to show the game.

• Like 3

3736-mipm.gif

37 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Signed up for this. 55 euros it cost. All games live and on demand.

Looks good.

Really looking forward to it all now.

Got my tickets for the semifinal at Arsenal 

Same as me Mark. Watching on Fite with tickets to Arsenal (and Elland Road).

• Like 2

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, Jonty58 said:

A friend of mine in Australia tells me there is no free to air coverage of the World Cup at all.

The only way to see it down there is on Foxtel or its spin off Kayo subscription TV.

That will certainly limit the the viewing audience there.

Same here in NZ and  no news  about the Kiwis taking part. 

2 hours ago, Jonty58 said:

A friend of mine in Australia tells me there is no free to air coverage of the World Cup at all.

The only way to see it down there is on Foxtel or its spin off Kayo subscription TV.

That will certainly limit the the viewing audience there.

Yes, this is correct… for the  first and hopefully only time in my life I am giving some money to Rupert Murdoch so I can watch the rugby league World Cup on subscription Kayo sports

2 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

Yes, this is correct… for the  first and hopefully only time in my life I am giving some money to Rupert Murdoch so I can watch the rugby league World Cup on subscription Kayo sports

Exactly me too, Jim. And slightly annoyed by how good Kayo has turned out to be!

The RLWC had almost no mention in Aus 3 months ago, but it's getting a lot of press and discussion now. It's sad it's not on free-to-air, but I think there will be a lot of people like us jumping on the Kayo bandwagon (hopefully). May pay dividends in terms of later international coverage?

I think it is pretty disappointing as there is no RLWC2021 coverage in Spain, Italy, Germany, the Balkans and other EU countries. These countries have a RL presence and it‘d be good to Support the Development in providing coverage free of charge.

In comparison: The RLWC2017 was available on major FTA TV station and Streaming plattforms in Germany. 

• Like 3