RLWC App

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Anyone got it? Just had an email saying it’s now available. The predictor game with the chance to win a car sounds good (though this being RL it’s probably a six year old second hand Dacia with 80,000 on the clock). 

I have it.  It is ok and along with the games I have synched to the calendar on my phone (from the RLWC website), there is plenty to ensure I don't miss a second of action or news.

• Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, The One said:

Think it’s just the our league app rebranded. It’s ok, has everything you might need and if it’s the same as the SL one, the predictor is good.

It is yes.  If you have the Our League app installed then download this, it just upgrades the Our League App and replaces it.

On Google Play anyway, I assume it is the same on Apple.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Mine doesn’t, nice touch though 👌 

Edit. Forget all that I just wrote, I'm just losing my mind, I think it's just the layout of my email app, it makes it look like the emails are from different companies but I found another small button stuck in a corner which, when clicked on, displays the actual email address its coming from and those addresses definitely seem more correct. 

Just forget I'm even here and get on talking about the RLWC app. Sorry for my inconvenience. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

I've never used the app (my phone ain't all that smart), but am currently streaming the Army v RAF match via the website. No love lost, naturally.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Balmainboy said:

Does this mean the only way to watch Fiji vs England is on a phone!?!??!

no - u can watch it on alaptop etc- think i have figured that one out- and if i can anyone can

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, Balmainboy said:

Does this mean the only way to watch Fiji vs England is on a phone!?!??!

My previous post literally said the exact opposite.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Damien said:

If you have a smart TV you should be able to cast to that from your phone.

If you have a sxmart TV, it probably comes with a built-in browser. It probably won't be a very good one, but it'll still work for logging in to the OurLeague/World Cup website and streaming without the need for an app.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If you have a sxmart TV, it probably comes with a built-in browser. It probably won't be a very good one, but it'll still work for logging in to the OurLeague/World Cup website and streaming without the need for an app.

TV web browsers, even the early generation ones are inexplicably good at playing video. 

It is frustrating though that we don't have a native TV app that could be rolled out across Amazon, Roku etc. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Casting takes me 3 clicks and about 10 seconds. Faffing about with a browser is way too much hassle for me 😂

27 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

TV web browsers, even the early generation ones are inexplicably good at playing video. 

It is frustrating though that we don't have a native TV app that could be rolled out across Amazon, Roku etc. 

You can't even sideload OurLeague or WatchNRL to a Fire TV Stick. Well you can, but they won't actually work.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

You can't even sideload OurLeague or WatchNRL to a Fire TV Stick. Well you can, but they won't actually work.

Yep, tried the same you need a mouse/touchscreen input to get anywhere near it. Even then it crashes.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.