England v Fiji (RLWC warm up game) - Match thread

Radley has ro learn to not play the ball properly if he is to fit in with the England team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

How much are we gonna hear about Marc Sneyd's kicking style during this world cup?

If it becomes a talking point for fans, influencers and/or broadcasters who are new to the game, they can mention it as much as they like.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Maximus Decimus said:

Is it only me finding it hard to watch? I can't cope thinking we're gonna lose another decent player to injury 😬.

Are you an NRL club coach? :kolobok_wink:

This Watkins/Young partnership on the right hand side has much potential.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Shame he’s not strictly English.

I don't think here's come here just to dance...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, Futtocks said:

Are you an NRL club coach? :kolobok_wink:

This Watkins/Young partnership on the right hand side has much potential.

I dunno I just have a feeling (which is of course illogical) that we're gonna lose another decent player through injury. We've already lost a couple of really good ones.

Andy Ackers gets a great international debut try on his home ground!

Well done young man.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I dunno I just have a feeling (which is of course illogical) that we're gonna lose another decent player through injury. We've already lost a couple of really good ones.

So have Australia, New Zealand etc. If you have that worry, then the whole preceding season must have been a nail-biter.

Or your star player could come through everything unscathed, then get injured in the first minute of a proper RWC match.

Worry less, drink beer more.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DavidM said:

Second phase or quick ptb and Ackers is a real threat , I love a hooker like that 

Best watch the rest of this game before getting involved in your fantasies.

Just now, Futtocks said:

So have Australia, New Zealand etc. If you have that worry, then the whole preceding season must have been a nail-biter.

Or you star player could come through unscathed, but then get injured in the first minute of a proper RWC match.

I know it's illogical, just borne out of a desire to see have a chance.

Just now, Maximus Decimus said:

I know it's illogical, just borne out of a desire to see have a chance.

An injury to one player is also an opportunity for someone else.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson