England v Fiji (RLWC warm up game) - Match thread

I'd certainly like to see more of Farnworth's attacking skills on that side.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That's really not the issue mate. 

I'll reserve judgment 'til I see evidence.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Dom Young looks better in this than any stunt I've seen him for the Knights 

Was thinking the same thing but he's revelling in the opportunity.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Good half from England.  They look dangerous, particularly when Welsby shifts to the short side to create a 3 on 2 or 4 on 3.

But the zero next to the opposition is probably the most important factor.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Ullman said:

Absolute peach of a kick from Sneyd. 

All he does is...

Seriously though, how do people feel about him v Oz and the Kiwis?

Is he worth selection with his kicking game?

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Is this a full strength Fiji side?

No. They have world class players like Kikau and Koroisau to come in.

But you can only play what is in front of you.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Is this a full strength Fiji side?

No Kikau, Korisau, Sivo.. But you would hope Fiji have to have better than this.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, Dunbar said:

No. They have world class players like Kikau and Koroisau to come in.

But you can only play what is in front of you.

There are some top NRL players to come in. But there are some top players in this match-day squad.

I know some of you would choke on the words, but maybe... just maybe... England aren't total and utter rubbish?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

What's the score?

Eng 28 Fiji 0,

arf tarm mate.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

It is no where England’s full strength squad too so you really can’t use that excuse on either team.

I'm not excusing anything.  Just answering a question.