England v Fiji (RLWC warm up game) - Match thread

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That all is off the pace? That first half wasn't enough? 

Like I said, I'll wait 'til I see what that side can do in attack. Hall was never the fastest winger anyway, and it's obvious he's past his peak, but the power of him and Farnworth combined could be a big problem, if used right.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good performance from England. I'd like to Fiji test us more in 2nd half.

Preferred Connor at right centre but Watkins is playing very well. His confidence is obviously back.

Ackers and Young very good.

Edited by jacksy
  • Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

There are some top NRL players to come in. But there are some top players in this match-day squad.

I know some of you would choke on the words, but maybe... just maybe... England aren't total and utter rubbish?

I am answering a question.  I have already said it was a good half from England.

If you want to include me in the England haters, then let me tell you that you are well wide of the mark.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, binosh said:

Why are Mike Cooper and Ryan Hall playing we have miles better.

No idea. As a Wigan fan Cooper would not make my Wigan first choice 17 let alone the England WC squad. We also have several wingers better than Hall now in Marshall, Burgess, Handley, Matty Ashton and likely a couple more.

Young has been excellent and this tournament could see him confirm himself as truly elite. 

Williams proving the doubters wrong as Wane gets the best out of him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There are some top NRL players to come in. But there are some top players in this match-day squad.

I know some of you would choke on the words, but maybe... just maybe... England aren't total and utter rubbish?

That wasn’t the intention of my question it was genuine as im not sure on the squads

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I am answering a question.  I have already said it was a good half from England.

If you want to include me in the England haters, then let me tell you that you are well wide of the mark.

I wasn't accusing you. But this RWC's build-up has been full of the usual nonsense we always get, where the coach and every player gets slagged off and belittled (on the standard club-partisan lines) before a single match has kicked off.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

I have a nasty feeling that the RFU and Eddie Jones will be sniffing around Don Youngs in the not so distance future.

No doubt, it’s a good job he’s playing in the NRL where the wages are more than competitive with anything the RU can offer. Then there’s the lifestyle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, binosh said:

Welsby is making this team tick.

This is such a tough decision for Wane.

The captain is the full back but I think Welsby is rapidly becoming England's best player and may the key to our success at the World Cup.

But it is a long tournament and I am sure Welsby will find his place in the team.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Well, this is certainly going better than the last England World Cup warm up at Salford against Italy!

Been quite impressed by England. The combination on the right edge look very sharp.

Fiji look in dire need of this warm up match. A very disjointed performance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More than pleased with the first half. Now let's see an 80-minute performance with the attacks spread out a bit more. Wane and his coaching team need as much data as they can get in his very limited opportunities.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson