England v Fiji (RLWC warm up game) - Match thread

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

This is such a tough decision for Wane.

The captain is the full back but I think Welsby is rapidly becoming England's best player and may the key to our success at the World Cup.

But it is a long tournament and I am sure Welsby will find his place in the team.

I think it is more likely to be a choice between Welsby and Sneyd for the starting team. Welsby is surely a certainty for the 17 and no need to go with 2 hookers as Radley has played enough there for the Roosters to adequately spell Ackers mid game.

• Like 2

Man, I hate Wellsby when he's playing against Hull FC, but I rather think I'll adore him playing for England in this tournament.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

This is such a tough decision for Wane.

The captain is the full back but I think Welsby is rapidly becoming England's best player and may the key to our success at the World Cup.

But it is a long tournament and I am sure Welsby will find his place in the team.

Yeah for me if Wane wants Tomkins in then Welsby has to start in the halves. Sneyd would have to make way. 

Just now, arcticchris said:

I think it is more likely to be a choice between Welsby and Sneyd for the starting team. Welsby is surely a certainty for the 17 and no need to go with 2 hookers as Radley has played enough there for the Roosters to adequately spell Ackers mid game.

I think Wane will see the value of the Sneyd's kicking game - I personally think despite being captain tonight it may be Williams or Welsby next week.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Ste93 said:

I've see enough, we're going to win the World Cup. 😃

Keep off them drugs pal.

• Haha 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Wow its really peeing it down now! 

It's in f***ing Lancashire, wtf else do you expect?

• Haha 2

Good performance, but I cannot get my head around this England kit, having  watched our national team since the mid sixties and seeing the iconic colours white, red and or blue why is it now White and Black, I honestly hope this is not for diversity reasons that would be taking Political Correctness to far.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I wasn't accusing you. But this RWC's build-up has been full of the usual nonsense we always get, where the coach and every player gets slagged off and belittled (on the standard club-partisan lines) before a single match has kicked off.

The "some of you" comment in a quoted reply to my post certainly felt like it was aimed at me.

Normally I wouldn't mind but the only Rugby League team in the whole world that I actually passionately care about winning is England.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

It's in f***ing Lancashire, wtf else do you expect?

It's a light shower for that part of the world.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good performance, but I cannot get my head around this England kit, having  watched our national team since the mid sixties and seeing the iconic colours white, red and or blue why is it now White and Black, I honestly hope this is not for diversity reasons that would be taking Political Correctness to far.

Black? I think you need an eye test!

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Its dark blue Harry, though I agree with you under the lights it looks more like Black.

• Thanks 1