Jamie doran

Town67

9 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

Marcus obrien also signed for haven, believe caine has been offered a contract too! Big places to fill 

With all due respect to town why are haven getting players from a relegated champ side make no sense in a season with so much relying on finishing places we have lost massive talent but looks like it’s not being replaced like for like as I say not a dig at town just strange signings on our part 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

With all due respect to town why are haven getting players from a relegated champ side make no sense in a season with so much relying on finishing places we have lost massive talent but looks like it’s not being replaced like for like as I say not a dig at town just strange signings on our part 

I see where you are coming from but if you end up with Teare, O'Brien, Barnes and Doran then those are 4 out of the 5/6 that you could say were Championship standard in our squad last year ..... It was the rest of the squad where we fell short

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Marcus O ‘ Brien , Caine Barnes and Doran are strange signings? Mate you should be having a party if you get those. Barnes and O’Brien are absolute standouts

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Marcus O ‘ Brien , Caine Barnes and Doran are strange signings? Mate you should be having a party if you get those. Barnes and O’Brien are absolute standouts

Can't believe they are moaning about getting those 3 in their squad ,they need to remember who they are and get a grip. 🙄

48 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Can’t comment mate I haven’t seen much of them but suppose I can’t judge untill I see the lads in action 

32 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Can't believe they are moaning about getting those 3 in their squad ,they need to remember who they are and get a grip. 🙄

Only thing I can think is Caine is a replacement for Ryan king is he a 2nd row?

58 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Only thing I can think is Caine is a replacement for Ryan king is he a 2nd row?

Caine if he came would be second row with the new aussie we've signed . Said last season town's best 5 or 6 combined with our squad would be a top 6 team easily . I'll be buzzing if we sign 4 of them 

14 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Really pleased you have nothing to do with signing players for us. 

2 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

They can keep Barnes he's either injured or suspended.

Tell me you know nowt about out without telling me you know nowt about out.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

21 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Absolutely agree with Havenfan13, Why are Haven even attempting to sign players from Workington town. I know Doran has left our club and good luck to him, but O'Brian and stevie scholey would never be my first choice for a Championship club. It's makes more sense if they get hold of Barnes to sign for them, but i cannot grasp why haven want to sign Div1 players unless they want to return back to Div1 next season.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Absolutely agree with Havenfan13, Why are Haven even attempting to sign players from Workington town. I know Doran has left our club and good luck to him, but O'Brian and stevie scholey would never be my first choice for a Championship club. It's makes more sense if they get hold of Barnes to sign for them, but i cannot grasp why haven want to sign Div1 players unless they want to return back to Div1 next season.

Obrien is total class mate, he played injured most of the season but fully fit he's awesome.

• Like 4

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, troutmaster said:

i cannot grasp why haven want to sign Div1 players unless they want to return back to Div1 next seaso

because they are a cheaper option than paying travellers. Also there are two new teams in the championship far closer to the heartlands ,than West cumbria is, that players from that area will choose rather than travel. Unless haven can pull of some quality signings it's looking like a relegation scrap next season.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Obrien is total class mate, he played injured most of the season but fully fit he's awesome.

Well i have seen Marcus in action mate, but if you say he was injured most of the season what the hell was he even playing for. Marcus is a really good player but playing in the front row was a massive mistake from our coach, has anyone seen him playing in his right position has an hooker, then you have a great little player. I still believe the Championship was not a place for Marcus to play in front row but town were basically down to around 16 players fully fit or not but had to put a side on the field, I hope Marcus proves me wrong and go's really well for Haven but it beats me why they are signing lads from our club that finished bottom of the Championship. UTT 🏉

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, town4me said:

because they are a cheaper option than paying travellers. Also there are two new teams in the championship far closer to the heartlands ,than West cumbria is, that players from that area will choose rather than travel. Unless haven can pull of some quality signings it's looking like a relegation scrap next season.

Got 3 quality players from overseas the other week mate one who’s plays and looks like another Dion Aiyre we look good at the min it’s just if we can keep the rest 

28 minutes ago, town4me said:

All the more reason to have a merger in West Cumbria. There's not enough talent to sustain 2 championship teams nor the funds to obtain overseas or Yorkshire and Lancashire traveling players in the numbers needed either. If it carries on like it is then the sport will be finished at a semi pro level in West Cumbria within this decade. Trim it down to one semi pro club and heavily support and work with all the remaining amateur clubs and schools. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Got 3 quality players from overseas the other week mate one who’s plays and looks like another Dion Aiyre we look good at the min it’s just if we can keep the rest 

Everyone looks good on YouTube pal. We have had some duck eggs that looked like world beaters on YouTube. 

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!