Who will win the WC - Poll

World Cup 2021 - who will win  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Come on then...

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I well remember the '13 final at Old Trafford how the Aussies demolished a good Kiwi team, hate them all we wanted to back then, but they were just simply a joy to watch. 

Don't worry Harry, according to a few on here Penrith will win the WC.

23 hours ago, UTK said:

Never before in the last 50 years have Australia gone with 50% winning record between World Cups, including a loss to a tier 2 nation. 

We're in unprecedented times for the international game, past performance may not be a reliable indicator of future success anymore.

Past performances have no relevance whatsoever to this tournament, the player's who are performing for each every team are the indicators who will come out on top, and for me Australia once again will be the team to beat.

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I well remember the '13 final at Old Trafford how the Aussies demolished a good Kiwi team, hate them all we wanted to back then, but they were just simply a joy to watch. 

I understand what you are saying but disagree 

Anytime an Aussie wins at anything be it league, cricket, union or ****ing tiddly winks I will never find any joy in it at all 

The only good Aussie is a demolished one

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

People are naturally saying Australia because of the history and the aura. It's like the lazy vote for Real Madrid to win the Champions League every year.

NZ have the best squad and have actually bothered to play recently. If you swapped the NZ and Australian players around so they all played for the other team I think there would be more confidence in Australia in the voting.

NZ will beat Australia up when they inevitably play. The small gang of loose forwards in the middle is going to get overrun and NZs halves have more than enough quality along with potential player of the tournament Manu to make that physical superiority pay.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

4 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

People are naturally saying Australia because of the history and the aura. It's like the lazy vote for Real Madrid to win the Champions League every year.

NZ have the best squad and have actually bothered to play recently. If you swapped the NZ and Australian players around so they all played for the other team I think there would be more confidence in Australia in the voting.

NZ will beat Australia up when they inevitably play. The small gang of loose forwards in the middle is going to get overrun and NZs halves have more than enough quality along with potential player of the tournament Manu to make that physical superiority pay.

Agree.....

Not sure why Australia are such high favourites still

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

10 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I understand what you are saying but disagree 

Anytime an Aussie wins at anything be it league, cricket, union or ****ing tiddly winks I will never find any joy in it at all 

The only good Aussie is a demolished one

" Gulp ".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Yeah, I know. I know exactly what you are saying.

But they almost always win. That's why both us and the Kiwi supporters have, traditionally, zealously followed the anyone but Australia rule. Someone puts one over on Australia? Magic!

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

This may be controversial (and I've no interest in Union). But if England RU are playing "anyone"—and I mean "anyone"—I want "anyone" to win.

• Haha 1

NZ for me.

And the BBC sport headline will be ‘All Blacks clinch rugby World Cup with record 4th win’ (with accompanying photo of Dan Carter) before a myriad of complaints force them to do a bit of actual journalism.

• Haha 5

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Just now, Desert Skipper said:

NZ for me.

And the BBC sport headline will be ‘All Blacks clinch rugby World Cup with record 4th win’ (with accompanying photo of Dan Carter) before a myriad of complaints force them to do a bit of actual journalism.

Honest Question, who's Dan Carter?

Should I know of him.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honest Question, who's Dan Carter?

Should I know of him.

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I’d recognise him in he street. But he’s the guy who’s always mentioned in any headline concerning the All Blacks. I think he’s their longest serving captain or greatest kicker or something like that. He gets a mention in that Legacy book that Daryl Powell always quotes.

• Haha 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Just now, Stuff Smith said:

Harry, are you being disingenuous?

I didn't know who he was either, but given the context made a guess. Google confirmed my suspicions.

Still not googled it and have no intention to do so, but probably like your goodself would guess he is a high profile All Black Rah Rah.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 05:09, The Rocket said:

If anyone is not picking anyone but Oz they need their hearts testing.

It’s who do you think will win, not realistically hope will win.

If there was a gun to my head, I would be choosing Australia.

Anyone but Aus or NZ is my wish.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 23:06, Harry Stottle said:

Still not googled it and have no intention to do so, but probably like your goodself would guess he is a high profile All Black Rah Rah.

He's one who could have played the GG to a top level Harry