Next season - Squad?

glemiln

Any thoughts on the new squad currently of 22, I believe?  "They fit our model well in terms of being young, talented, and hungry for success” is the theme and perhaps any loans (hopefully longer than 2 weeks) will be those to provide additional experience and back-up for injuries.  Only 3+ months to a testing 2 months of fixtures.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Any thoughts on the new squad currently of 22, I believe?  "They fit our model well in terms of being young, talented, and hungry for success” is the theme and perhaps any loans (hopefully longer than 2 weeks) will be those to provide additional experience and back-up for injuries.  Only 3+ months to a testing 2 months of fixtures.

I think we need one other " old head" 

On 13/11/2022 at 10:16, Anita Bath said:

heard from the bloke sat next to me at Emirates the we are about to announce an arrangement with Widnes for dual reg or whatever its called these days.

No idea how true of course…just the bloke in the stands so to speak.

The bloke was correct.   Up to 5 Widnes players eligible for each matchday squads and a pre-season friendly at Widnes!

https://hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1178/hornets-agree-dual-registration-with-widnes-vikings

5 hours ago, glemiln said:

The bloke was correct.   Up to 5 Widnes players eligible for each matchday squads and a pre-season friendly at Widnes!

https://hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1178/hornets-agree-dual-registration-with-widnes-vikings

As I've posted on the main forum you cannot have 5 DR players in a match day squad

image.png.21cc9009478889e9ed2c5548cbd9fd41.png

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

(a) says you can have up to 5, (b) says something about 4 but only with reference to some other clause so not clear.

From what can gather, it's no more than 4 dual reg, but up to 5 including loan players and dual reg. So you can have 4 dual reg and 1 loan player, or 3 dual reg and 2 loan players etc. I think! 🤔

It's not just about players it's about who leads them. Gary Thornton did an amazing job with the cards he was dealt last season, our fitness along with our defense and attacking mindset improved under him. We have lost key players and that is a worry, but if Gary can start next season like he finished the last we are in good shape.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Lad said:

It's not just about players it's about who leads them. Gary Thornton did an amazing job with the cards he was dealt last season, our fitness along with our defense and attacking mindset improved under him. We have lost key players and that is a worry, but if Gary can start next season like he finished the last we are in good shape.

Our discipline improved 100% also. 

• Like 1