37 of 42 back IMG’s proposal

Despite their error of going with private equity,it looks like the other code are offering better ideas without the 'strategic' assistance of IMG.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/21/history-will-keep-repeating-unless-changes-are-made-in-domestic-rugby-worcester-wasps

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/toulouse-suffering-untold-damage-due-to-relegation-from-super-league/

Apologies if I've missed this already being posted somewhere but this interview provides some insights into the way IMG see the French clubs via an interview with Sylvain Houles.

Couple of interesting points but the key one IMO:

"It was another factor in my decision-making, you can see that the French teams in Perpignan and Toulouse are in the plan and we’re just waiting on the criteria we need to fulfil. We need to know if we will be a Category A or B team and also what the number of French players will need to be in our team-sheets every week."

Fairly clear suggestion that a quota system may be involved with the French clubs moving forward.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Nor you in understanding what you originally wrote have you short term memory loss?, As I said in a previous debate others posters were saying there would probably be 6 A and 6 B's now surely from those do you expect all the B's will be equal and just maybe some may just have been short of an A catagory and some just sneaking into the B catagory, so In that case your original statement re Fevs promotion that "they would replace the lowest cat B club in Super League" comes until play, not who finished bottom, your words Gav not mine.

22 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

If Wakefield finish bottom of Super League and are graded cat B, they are the lowest cat B team in Super League. 11th placed Leigh's grading is completely irrelevant.

I really don't know how simpler I can make it for you, @Harry Stottle

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

In theory yes, but that would never happen.

27 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Could the B grade clubs finish in the top 4 places and the rest of the league placing be filled by A graders and the 4th place club be relegated?

In the unlikely event this happened wouldn’t 4th place finisher be seen as higher than top of the championship? Could this be a scenario where the top league is increased if the top of the championship winner is viewed as ticking enough boxes?

I suspect the euphoria of a final day promotion will disappear as the bureaucrats work out whether all the criteria has been met during the close season.

• Like 3

<p>Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win 4 competitions in one season.

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

If we ever got to a stage that SL was so strong that none of Wigan Catalan Leeds Saints Toulouse or Wire got in the top four I don’t think anyone would be complaining. 

Yes they would , because it wouldn't be that SL was strong , it would be that standards are falling 

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

That´s an incredibly negative view even lower than my own. Surely it would be because Wakey, KR , York , Toulouse have increased their commercial rev and income streams SO that they can compete with the traditionally bigger clubs. 

I'm just pointing out what the response would be , do you really think the fans of Wigan,Leeds and Saints would admit to other clubs catching and passing them ? 

When Leigh put 50 points past Wigan in 2017 I was reliably informed by some ' pie ' friends of ours that it was their reserve team we had beaten , Leigh have never beaten a Wigan first team , EVER 😂

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Paul Lakin told us at the Hull KR fans forum that he expects IMG to award only 4 category A licences.

This has allayed some of my fears that we were going to stick with the status quo and hand out A’s like they were confetti. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Or they're only handing out 4 As to English teams

The French teams may be a special category given they're likely to put other conditions on them like homegrown players. 

Wigan, Warrington, Saints, Leeds, with a separate French assessment. 

Disappointing for the Hull clubs, but hopefully it'll be made clear to them what they need to step up. 

No one else should be anywhere near Cat A. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Wigan don’t own their own stadium?

Oh god. I'm getting licencing flashbacks where everyone seemed to suddenly believe that there was only one criterion and it was the ground and the ground alone.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

42 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Oh god. I'm getting licencing flashbacks where everyone seemed to suddenly believe that there was only one criterion and it was the ground and the ground alone.

What about the baby changing facilities? Won’t someone think of the baby changing facilities?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Stadium ownership is one of the proposed conditions I believe, not saying Wigan will not get one but it could be a factor.

Probably will be stadium criteria but there's no way it will affect Wigan.

9 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Probably will be stadium criteria but there's no way it will affect Wigan.

If they phrase it like the FA/RFU do then it will be around primacy of tenure and/or guaranteed playing dates.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)