37 of 42 back IMG’s proposal

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

the only reply I received was from a Wigan fan

I don't really know how to put this but that was the point when you should've realised you were up a creek without a paddle.

1 minute ago, The 4 of Us said:

Drift

The full title is "Drift Away" and the clue is in the first line

"Day after day I'm more confused ......"

• Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Just to assist in you understanding the lay out at Leigh and the opportunities the site offers, I’m including a link, showing the running track with indoor facilities, and various carparks and other space upon which a willing club could erect a fan village or all sorts of other facilities if it was minded to. They could even pay some rent to do so if they wished.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Qqvs4HZzB8Wxv9fc8?g_st=ic

I assume you've never had any dealings with the LSV SMC ? , I have , they are the epitomisom of a ' jobs worth ' organisation , from not allowing cheerleaders on the pitch or kids games to refusing to allow a players coach to load in front of the stadium 6 hours before a women's Euro game 

I know the club is currently trying to get a stage arranged inside the stadium for our first game , and struggling to get it sorted 

I'll leave it here , so I'll agree with you Wigan are wonderful and have done really well to put on the stuff at Robin Park , happy now ? 

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

To my knowledge there isn't anything like this type of facility anywhere near any of the stadiums that are rented by RL clubs except Wigan 👍 

Feel free to use your vast and superior knowledge to suggest different 

I said "like", not "carbon copy of Robin Park", and I said, "if they can". 

But because you are being facetious, Leeds is literally next to an international cricket venue with all accoutrements, Wakefield is building a new fanzone area and renovating the existing one, Cas have a marquee already, Batley have a fantastic bar area behind their main stand, Warrington have had things going on in their concourses, KR have their "Craven End", Barrow do loads too, would you like some more examples? 

Its possible, clubs should do more of it. Good effort always receives positive responses.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I said "like", not "carbon copy of Robin Park", and I said, "if they can". 

But because you are being facetious, Leeds is literally next to an international cricket venue with all accoutrements, Wakefield is building a new fanzone area and renovating the existing one, Cas have a marquee already, Batley have a fantastic bar area behind their main stand, Warrington have had things going on in their concourses, KR have their "Craven End", Barrow do loads too, would you like some more examples? 

Its possible, clubs should do more of it. Good effort always receives positive responses.

And all those clubs have one thing in common ? 

If you're going to attempt an answer , at least read the question first Tommy ,otherwise it makes you look stupid 

• Haha 1

On 03/01/2023 at 18:09, GUBRATS said:

By doing what exactly?

I'll answer my own question as it seems nobody else will ( there's a change 😂

So it seems to be to basically have a big bar so fans can get more ###### before and after the game 

Rock on 😂

52 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes we play in a council ' owned ' although I don't think that is actually true as the council didn't pay anything to the building costs , they did supply the land 

But it seems to me you are missing the point ( strange with you being a DI , I thought coppers were supposed to be clever ? ) Just like yourselves we are tenants only at the stadium we play in , and just like yourselves at the DW , we have little to no say in what happens inside or outside the LSV 

So admit it , Wigan were fortunate that there was a council owned facility directly outside the stadium they rent that the council was willing to let them lease and they are able to use to create income and provide their supporters with pre and post match entertainment, feel free to suggest where Leigh , or Doncaster , or Hull , or The giants , or Halifax , or York , or any other club not owning or running their own stadium could do something similar ?

I asked a simple question at the start of this ' drift ' , the only reply I received was from a Wigan fan , so essentially they are fairly unique in being in the situation they are in 

So drift over 

I don't support Wigan you nitwit. 

• Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And all those clubs have one thing in common ? 

If you're going to attempt an answer , at least read the question first Tommy ,otherwise it makes you look stupid 

You didn't read the original post pal, and are now complaining about something never said!?!

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You didn't read the original post pal, and are now complaining about something never said!?!

All those you quoted don't rent their stadiums , they either own outright or lease and run them , that's where the difference lies , you know this though , but choose to pretend it doesn't make a difference 

I'll look forward to all the fun of the Headingley ' fan zone ' when I visit this year , what will they have on ? 🤔 , Will it be 🍺? , I bet it'll be Beer 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

All those you quoted don't rent their stadiums , they either own outright or lease and run them , that's where the difference lies , you know this though , but choose to pretend it doesn't make a difference 

I'll look forward to all the fun of the Headingley ' fan zone ' when I visit this year , what will they have on ? 🤔 , Will it be 🍺? , I bet it'll be Beer 

What is it you actually want from this exchange Grubs?

Those that can, should. Because heaven forbid, they might actually make attending rugby league more attractive to more people and just might make some money in the process.

Those that can't? Well, that sounds like a Leigh problem....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You look like a Wigan fan 

I support Widnes, who are in a council owned ground where we don't get the bar receipts and aren't allowed to run any fan parks outside the ground. Yet I'm still able to think what another club is doing is good, I like Hull KRs attempt too.

• Like 5

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I support Widnes, who are in a council owned ground where we don't get the bar receipts and aren't allowed to run any fan parks outside the ground. Yet I'm still able to think what another club is doing is good, I like Hull KRs attempt too.

Me too 

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If you can't, you can't. Ownership of stadium doesn't actually have to hinder this, given it is of course Wigan we are talking about initially.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If you can't, you can't. Ownership of stadium doesn't actually have to hinder this, given it is of course Wigan we are talking about initially.

It would have ' hindered ' Wigan if they hadn't been fortunate enough to have a council owned facility next door to the stadium they use , because if there hadn't or the council decided they wouldn't lease it to them , they'd have done ' naff all ' 

22 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It would have ' hindered ' Wigan if they hadn't been fortunate enough to have a council owned facility next door to the stadium they use , because if there hadn't or the council decided they wouldn't lease it to them , they'd have done ' naff all ' 

So not owning your ground is a problem until it isn't. Excellent thing to establish.

On 03/01/2023 at 17:58, Man of Kent said:

With the IMG deal, their setting up a unit in Leeds and producing the C4 coverage, couldn’t Super League effectively bring production in-house? That would make it a more attractive proposition to broadcasters - not just Sky.

And if it meant losing the Baz ‘n’ Tez ‘n’ Phil’s 1990s ex-Wigan fest, even better.

Possibly. Sky would pay more as no production costs. 

It's tricky- for £15k or so you can get a good I follow 4 camera production- at a quality sky would probably broadcast (certainly on red button). 

For a proper broadcast your looking at much more- 12 cameras minimum, sound engineers, a full production team. Cost is multi millions across a season 

Another leading local entrepreneur joins the Hull KR board, as the club resets for the IMG era.

“As MKM, we have been supporting Hull City Football Club for over 20 years, and it’s time we had a presence closer to our base in the East to compliment it. Big changes are coming to how the league is run, and I’m excited by the plans the club has in embracing them.”

But I’m sure the usual suspects on here will say IMG aren’t a factor, despite the direct quote! 

The future’s bright, the future’s red & white 

• Like 5

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

41 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Another leading local entrepreneur joins the Hull KR board, as the club resets for the IMG era.

“As MKM, we have been supporting Hull City Football Club for over 20 years, and it’s time we had a presence closer to our base in the East to compliment it. Big changes are coming to how the league is run, and I’m excited by the plans the club has in embracing them.”

But I’m sure the usual suspects on here will say IMG aren’t a factor, despite the direct quote! 

With respect the direct quote includes Hull City who have been in trouble in recent years to the anger and dismay of the fans, whether the working man or the big business owners. Equally HKR have whilst in Superleague suffered relegation something rich backers do not want, Hull City recently were relegated to League one IIRC.

The "big changes" may well refer to the "closed shop" we are looking at where MKM can be sure that there will be no relegation and they can be assured as they watch Rovers games from the luxurious directors facilities, they won't be "going down" again. The closed shop idea isn't new at all, we had that some time ago, and so you can't say "it's IMG what done it". More likely the SL bosses told IMG to do it, to deflect those against such a move having a go at them

Do it they did and now they seem to have wandered off.  Maybe they have served their main purpose for now and there is not much else to do......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steve oates said:

With respect the direct quote includes Hull City who have been in trouble in recent years to the anger and dismay of the fans, whether the working man or the big business owners. Equally HKR have whilst in Superleague suffered relegation something rich backers do not want, Hull City recently were relegated to League one IIRC.

The "big changes" may well refer to the "closed shop" we are looking at where MKM can be sure that there will be no relegation and they can be assured as they watch Rovers games from the luxurious directors facilities, they won't be "going down" again. The closed shop idea isn't new at all, we had that some time ago, and so you can't say "it's IMG what done it". More likely the SL bosses told IMG to do it, to deflect those against such a move having a go at them

Do it they did and now they seem to have wandered off.  Maybe they have served their main purpose for now and there is not much else to do......

When do you return to your home reality?

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

27 minutes ago, steve oates said:

I literally included that quote for you Steve, and tick tock tick tock here you come 

You can agree or disagree with IMG's role, or plans, whatever. That's all gravy. But you can't pretend black is white and this isn't a direct consequence, no matter how hard you wriggle. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

19 minutes ago, steve oates said:

Continually amazed by people thinking because they're not getting personal updates there's nothing happening behind the scenes. Rugby League commercial which is the body in which IMG will see most influence took the reins, er 4 days ago.

The only thing you've heard is the things they needed agreement of the clubs on, which is the structure.

I posted a thread a few months back with an interview with the head of IMG, it's not detailed but it gives you a flavour of what they're going to be looking at. They don't need to consult the clubs on the majority of this so you're not going to be reading about it in this weeks League Express, it doesn't mean it's not happening. 

IMG President Podcast

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

The future’s bright, the future’s red & white 

Potentially great news for HKR.