1. 1. Who will win?

• Jamaica by 13 points or more
    • Jamaica by 7 to 12 points
    • Jamaica by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 7 to 12 points
    • Ireland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/10/22 at 16:30

5 hours ago, Jparrish said:

What a shame he didn't get any minutes against Jamaica. Especially that last 10 mins when they were comfortable. Hopefully he gets a few minutes in against the Kiwis when they are losing anyway. Would mean the world to him and his family. 

Yep i was surprised but he was 18th man so not much chance, to be fair if he was disappointed he hid it well but also told me what a fantastic experience it all has been so far and that he is going to enjoy every minute of it.

Would love to see him get world cup game time.

• Like 3

On side note i looked at the sports pages of The Voice newspaper today when i was in the Supermarket and no mention in this months edition of the Jamaican Rugby League team playing in the world cup, and for those who don't know The Voice is a monthly newspaper for the Afro-Caribbean community of the GB. Very disappointing there was no mention of the Jamaican Rugby League team.

The Irish news and the Irish post which are weekly newspapers for the Irish communities living in GB have given the world cup and the Irish team column inches, and i know this as i buy them weekly because of my Irish heritage and having relations living in Ireland. just to see what's going on there.

10 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

On side note i looked at the sports pages of The Voice newspaper today when i was in the Supermarket and no mention in this months edition of the Jamaican Rugby League team playing in the world cup, and for those who don't know The Voice is a monthly newspaper for the Afro-Caribbean community of the GB. Very disappointing there was no mention of the Jamaican Rugby League team.

The Irish news and the Irish post which are weekly newspapers for the Irish communities living in GB have given the world cup and the Irish team column inches, and i know this as i buy them weekly because of my Irish heritage and having relations living in Ireland. just to see what's going on there.

Isn't that where the RLWC organisers and Jamaica RL have to give them something to print?

If The Voice aren't aware then they need to be made aware.

RL sadly isn't on the national conscience anymore.

3 minutes ago, meast said:

Isn't that where the RLWC organisers and Jamaica RL have to give them something to print?

If The Voice aren't aware then they need to be made aware.

RL sadly isn't on the national conscience anymore.

I thought the Jamaica RL team announced a partnership with The Voice a couple of years ago. 

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I thought the Jamaica RL team announced a partnership with The Voice a couple of years ago. 

Yes there was. There is also a report online:

JAMAICA’S RUGBY League World Cup campaign got off to a difficult start with a 48-2 defeat to Ireland at Headingley, the home of Leeds Rhinos.

The Reggae Warriors, who are making their World Cup debut, started brightly and nearly took the lead when Kieran Rush’s kick just evaded the on-rushing Jacob Ogden.

But from that point onwards, Ireland took control, with Super League stars Louis Senior and George King scoring tries that highlighted the differences in flair and physicality between the two teams.

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/sport/rlwc2021/2022/10/16/jamaicas-rugby-league-world-cup-debut-ends-with-defeat-to-ireland/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Yes there was. There is also a report online:

JAMAICA’S RUGBY League World Cup campaign got off to a difficult start with a 48-2 defeat to Ireland at Headingley, the home of Leeds Rhinos.

The Reggae Warriors, who are making their World Cup debut, started brightly and nearly took the lead when Kieran Rush’s kick just evaded the on-rushing Jacob Ogden.

But from that point onwards, Ireland took control, with Super League stars Louis Senior and George King scoring tries that highlighted the differences in flair and physicality between the two teams.

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/sport/rlwc2021/2022/10/16/jamaicas-rugby-league-world-cup-debut-ends-with-defeat-to-ireland/

Perhaps they will get a mention in Novembers edition, but certainly nothing in the printed version in this months editions