1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

9 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Weather won't be a factor - 14c and dry. Literally what most mid season NRL games are like. 

I do hope players on both teams properly test their studs before kick off though - the amount of times when rugby is played on lush football pitches they're slipping all over the place! 

I guess i've be part of the contingent talking Samoa up quite a bit and I still maintain this will be very close. I do think the length of time England have had together and Samoa not having much more than an opposed training session with Ireland will come into it though. That and a touch of optimism has me going England by 10. Score guess would be 18-8

- 14 degrees!! Blimey where is it played Northern Sweden.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Sounds like Cooper is in. Lees and KPP to miss out I reckon:

Screen in Leazes East Corner too.

According to that its snede and kpp who miss out, 4 forwards on the bench hill, cooper, lees, mcmeken

Samoa by 10. If the Samoan middles gives good ball to the halves it's gonna be a long day for the English backs.

I see To'o switching to the left side with Tago and Hammer outside of Critchon.

Brian To'o or Joseph Suaali'i for man of the match.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Samoa by 10 - MoM - Jarome Luai - Wane looking to go through Samoa rather than around them could be a huge mistake.

Yeah, I saw a clip with Bateman on Fox where he said they were looking to match fire with fire and run through Samoa. 

It made me think of him saying pretty much the same before the Super League semi where Leeds came and did a smash and grab. I agree that that sort of game plan for the full 80 could see Samoa win, especially if Sneyd's kicking game is over-looked for Welsby and Williams in the halves.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My detailed prediction based on a lifetime of watching RL:

1:15 - turn on BBC1 to find the coverage has been delayed because a rerun of the Repair Shop has overran. 

1:40 - first shots of the stadium, and the first thoughts of 'I hope a lot of people are in the concourse.'

2:20 - pitchside interviews and a real hope that they were recorded earlier due to the still very empty stands.

2:28 - decide the crowd isn't what is really important anyway.

2:30 - Samoan National Anthem playing delayed by unforseen YouTube adverts.

2:45 - England race out to a 12-0 lead, all is good with the world.

2:55 - convince myself that it isn't important that Samoa have started making twice as many yards as us.

2:57 - England behind.

4:15 onwards - spend the rest of the evening arguing on TotalRL that it was all part of Wane's masterplan for the semi-final rematch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

23 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Wane is a far better tactical and motivational coach than Parish. England by 8 to 12 points.

That’s a factor that’s been largely overlooked. Parish is and has been a massive problem for Samoa for some time. Wane will have them fired up. 

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Hopefully this Cambodian wifi holds up and I can rip the BBC off with a decent VPN. England by 8. Dom Young to hit the ground running with a try and George Williams to put a basic season behind him with a five star performance. 

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS

16 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Not sure I agree with that.  There doesn't seem anything in their edges that particularly worries me... their edge forwards are the worst of the SH teams and we have some pretty good athletes in the centre and wings, certainly bigger than they are and probably just as quick.

We shall see how it pans out I guess.

I think the Samoan Penrith connection may be an issue for England if their Forwards hold their own.

6 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

That’s a factor that’s been largely overlooked. Parish is and has been a massive problem for Samoa for some time. Wane will have them fired up. 

All the interviews, videos and social media stuff coming out of the Samoan squad look really positive - no signs that they're anything other than seriously motivated.

I don't think motivation will be an issue for either side, I'm hoping it is organisation and gameplan where we will have the edge because I think Wane is better than Parish at that and because England have had longer to work on it.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

If we can crack this problem*, which has blighted international RL for as long as I can remember, then I don't care what Dave T says: Jon Dutton is a genius and deserves a knighthood.

*variations include:

- singer's microphone not being on for the first line of a song

- singer's earpiece not working so they can't hear the music

- singer being terrible

- recorded version of anthem being wrong / terrible

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Jonty58 said:

We shall see how it pans out I guess.

I think the Samoan Penrith connection may be an issue for England if their Forwards hold their own.

I think the England Saints connection may be an issue for all of Samoa - add in Wane is a manager whos teams are always very hard to beat - England by at least 10 points.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

If we can crack this problem*, which has blighted international RL for as long as I can remember, then I don't care what Dave T says: Jon Dutton is a genius and deserves a knighthood.

*variations include:

- singer's microphone not being on for the first line of a song

- singer's earpiece not working so they can't hear the music

- singer being terrible

- recorded version of anthem being wrong / terrible

This is one area where I think Oz and NZ tend to put on a better pre-match show.

The NZ, PNG, Tongan, Samoan anthems sound so much more inspiring IMO when they are sung with gusto, rather than being played out drably over the tannoy system.

I hope they have a lassie and/or a laddie to belt out the anthems today.

24 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

This is one area where I think Oz and NZ tend to put on a better pre-match show.

The NZ, PNG, Tongan, Samoan anthems sound so much more inspiring IMO when they are sung with gusto, rather than being played out drably over the tannoy system.

I hope they have a lassie and/or a laddie to belt out the anthems today.

It does help with half a stadium of passionate PI fans in there with the flags and stuff 

" Mate'Ma Tonga " , literally meaning " die for Tonga " 

8 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

My detailed prediction based on a lifetime of watching RL:

1:15 - turn on BBC1 to find the coverage has been delayed because a rerun of the Repair Shop has overran. 

1:40 - first shots of the stadium, and the first thoughts of 'I hope a lot of people are in the concourse.'

2:20 - pitchside interviews and a real hope that they were recorded earlier due to the still very empty stands.

2:28 - decide the crowd isn't what is really important anyway.

2:45 - England race out to a 12-0 lead, all is good with the world.

2:55 - convince myself that it isn't important that Samoa have started making twice as many yards as us.

2:57 - England behind.

4:15 onwards - spend the rest of the evening arguing on TotalRL that it was all part of Wane's masterplan for the semi-final rematch.

You’ve forgotten the commentator having to explain the rules about knock ons, offsides and 40/20s all match. 

• Like 2

5hrs to go and I’m bouncing off the walls - literally need to find something to do.

The wife has been ushered out for the afternoon, TV will be in full blast, I expect complaints from the neighbours but then again they should be watching the match anyway.

I hope it’s fireworks, I’ve yet to see a SW side just roll over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Not sure I agree with that.  There doesn't seem anything in their edges that particularly worries me... their edge forwards are the worst of the SH teams and we have some pretty good athletes in the centre and wings, certainly bigger than they are and probably just as quick.

They may not have the edge back row players or depth line Tonga (which is incredible to be fair) but Jayden Su’a and Kelma Tuilagi are both pretty good players.

I personally really rate Su’a. Very good player.

• Like 1