1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

He has though. In defence he’s been solid and done the basics right with the ball. 

Solid, basics, need more than that at this level surely. He's been a complete passenger.

• Like 2

Just now, andyscoot said:

Milford resorting to dog shots because he can't do anything else on a rugby pitch.

Tomkins has been winding them all up, all game. It’s his superpower. Worth at least 4 points a game for Catalans from opposition ill discipline. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

It’d be nice to have more that the basics at this level. He’s been poor. 

England have been comfortable from the first tackle. It’s game one, England are completing sets with ease, making easy metres and not in any danger. There’s two dead rubbers up next for England to tweak things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Woods and Davies constantly whinging on about Samoa’s mistakes. It’s England’s defensive pressure, our run metres especially in the opening half, and the scoreboard we’ve created, that’s led to them pushing things.

Focus on the positives, the moaning old g***

Yeah that was frustrating earlier when good England goal line defence led to a knock on and all they said was Samoa looked disjointed. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Griff said:

Clubs play more than 6 games. Half the countries will only play 3.

Let's see how many countries run out of players. My guess is none.

Yes let's base squad sizes on the number of games teams that get knocked out play. That makes sense. It was also you who brought clubs into it and inaccurately went on about the number of players clubs use in a season. Look you disagree, that's fine, it's all subjective.

Edited by Damien

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Solid, basics, need more than that at this level surely. He's been a complete passenger.

Wane trusts him, he’s done his job in a thoroughly comprehensive England win, to say he’s a complete passenger is a blatant lie. 

• Like 2

Just now, dkw said:

Yeah that was frustrating earlier when good England goal line defence led to a knock on and all they said was Samoa looked disjointed. 

This is my soapbox point: commentators *need* to explain why the attack is disjointed (etc) when it's the result of the opposition's defence.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Jughead said:

England have been comfortable from the first tackle. It’s game one, England are completing sets with ease, making easy metres and not in any danger. There’s two dead rubbers up next for England to tweak things. 

And I’m not disputing any of that, just that he wouldn’t be my first choice at hooker any more (although he was), and he’s not been up to much. 

Just now, Tubby said:

And I’m not disputing any of that, just that he wouldn’t be my first choice at hooker any more (although he was), and he’s not been up to much. 

So, that’s nothing to do with his performance today, which has been completely fine.