1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

Just now, DoubleD said:

Biggest question is will Samoa be able to recover from this? 

Lots of injuries and big blow to their confidence. In the last 10 minutes they looked like that field was the last place in the world that they wanted to be. Suddenly I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that England and Samoa will qualify. France will really fancy it after watching that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

Biggest question is will Samoa be able to recover from this? 

They took a battering, guessing a couple might be out of the tournament.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

No whether squads should be bigger is subjective. Its also not simply about running out of players, thats a strawman youve created, its about quality. You don't always need to be obtuse simply to have the last word. Let's just agree to disagree as quite frankly you seem far more bothered about this than I am.

As you wish.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 minute ago, JimBronco said:

Lol match finishes and BBC literally moves on to the next programme 

Post-match analysis on the iPlayer.

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Did kick off late to be fair. Our own fault.

Newcastle stadium's fault.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have to admit I didn’t have us winning so comfortably, but great to see us playing well from the get go.

Australia and NZ will put us under much more pressure than Samoa did, but a fantastic start to the campaign and great to watch.

still improvements to be made, hooker being one of them.

Sure Samoa will grow into this competition, but with what looked like some serious injuries, and a coaching team that doesn’t fill you with confidence, maybe they are already done?

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Lots of injuries and big blow to their confidence. In the last 10 minutes they looked like that field was the last place in the world that they wanted to be. Suddenly I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that England and Samoa will qualify. France will really fancy it after watching that.

Ha ha good one!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YEHAAAAA i was told by my NRL watching mates that id see the difference in class between the two sides. Hopefully this win will sell a few more tickets. A fantastic start to the RLWC, England were 16/1 Samoa 9/1 to win the WC, Betfred should’ve swapped the odds between them. 

• Like 3

Brilliant clinical performance from England. I thought Welsby was Man of the Match but who cares? We were great across the park. We can get better though, the kicking game wasn’t up to rest of the skills on show. I didn’t agree with the team selection but happy to be proven wrong and delighted for Shaun Wane, great vibe about this team, long way to go yet but considering that was a banana skin, we blew them away! 

• Like 2

Was it really the mics or did England deserve a much better crowd than that? That atmosphere was a real shame for such an all conquering tournament opening performance.

Samoa. More like Samold, Samold. Very disapponting effort with their best side on paper maybe ever. Parish has repeatedly been responsible for poor team culture.