1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Thought so at the time, if it was his knee the physio would have been testing it out. They kept him dead still throughout. I suppose it's one of those injuries where the severity could vary massively, but surely that's him done for this competition. Fingers crossed he's back asap.

2 minutes ago, St Reatham said:

I’m not getting carried away, but in 25 years of watching rugby league, that’s the best Eng/GB performance I’ve seen.

I'm struggling to think of a game in the Super League era where we looked so good, so composed and so focused for the full 80.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Was working today tried to miss the score but failed. 

Bloody eck what have Somoa been doing last couple of weeks? Eating too many pies it seems.

Saw on Facebook someone say they’ve only had 3 field sessions since arriving. They looked way off it as a result 

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Got to say though , they were completely abysmal . Even before the injuries they looked out of it , virtually from the start . Really weird . And like a good side we smelt blood and went in for the kill

Don't think it was weird David ....now or in my predictions before the game....NRL fanatics got carried away that's all...

Many of thier star players travelled across the world after a massive emotional outlay in their GF. It's a hugely different place they aren't used to. 40,000 partisan fans.....no NRL backing and they haven't played much together. England players have experience together with a great coach 

Entirely predictable we won comfortably.

I consistently predicted we'd win by 3 scores ....I blame myself for being too conservative in my predictions

• Like 1

I think this will go down as one of the greatest world cups in Rugby league history.

England were doubted by everyone, They had no chance according the “NRL Experts”.

But they’ve gone and done the country proud with an all time performance and not to mention really help build up super league’s reputation in the process.

Every man in that England 17 needs to take a bow, it’s too early to tell but they may have just given an enormous rugby league in there county.

Jobs not at all over yet so they won’t get carried away.

But Wow, What a stroy. I can’t wait for this to be told in 10-20 years time.

Truly Remarkable.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MRN said:

I hope this humbles the so called professional analyst's here in Australia. The likes of Andrew John's, Phil Gould, Greg Alexander and Michael Ennis. Hopefully they realise they have no idea what the F*** they are talking about when comes to Super League and the international game.

Yep......SL strength shown today

Interesting that 8 NRL grand final back to back superstars got there backside handed to them, maybe now the arrogant aussies and UK based ###### kissers can wake up and realise there's no big difference in terms of quality just quality in depth.

Saints would win the NRL if they were in it and this game demonstrated that.

Infact the last 2 games were supposed to be tricky and England were underdogs in both playing back up players mid week too.

Also interestingly everyone is writing the French off, think they would beat that shambles today.

Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I think this will go down as one of the greatest world cups in Rugby league history.

England were doubted by everyone, They had no chance according the “NRL Experts”.

But they’ve gone and done the country proud with an all time performance and not to mention really help build up super league’s reputation in the process.

Every man in that England 17 needs to take a bow, it’s too early to tell but they may have just given an enormous rugby league in there county.

Jobs not at all over yet so they won’t get carried away.

But Wow, What a stroy. I can’t wait for this to be told in 10-20 years time.

Truly Remarkable.

Hopefully the NRL fans and pundits sit up and take notice 

Just now, yipyee said:

Interesting that 8 NRL grand final back to back superstars got there backside handed to them, maybe now the arrogant aussies and UK based ###### kissers can wake up and realise there's no big difference in terms of quality just quality in depth.

Saints would win the NRL if they were in it and this game demonstrated that.

Infact the last 2 games were supposed to be tricky and England were underdogs in both playing back up players mid week too.

Also interestingly everyone is writing the French off, think they would beat that shambles today.

Onwards and upwards.

calm down dear

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

Is it on iPlayer…. I can’t find it!

Probably take a few hours to be available to re-watch

• Thanks 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

France has form when it comes to talented players putting in wretched performances in World Cups, though. Let's hope they buck the trend this time.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It looked bad that. You could tell as he went down. Hoping for a full recovery.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details