1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

Just now, Alan Robertson said:

France have no chance against Samoa.

You are Phil Gould and I claim my 5 pounds.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Just now, DoubleD said:

I would love to be able to rub it in his smug face but he’s already blocked me on Twitter 😂

Due to getting banned every other month I can keep going back. 

• Haha 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Probably take a few hours to be available to re-watch

The Beeb are among the quickest when it comes to loading content to their catch-up service, so it might well be sooner. You can watch the Clive Sullivan documentary while you're waiting.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Interesting that 8 NRL grand final back to back superstars got there backside handed to them, maybe now the arrogant aussies and UK based ###### kissers can wake up and realise there's no big difference in terms of quality just quality in depth.

Saints would win the NRL if they were in it and this game demonstrated that.

Infact the last 2 games were supposed to be tricky and England were underdogs in both playing back up players mid week too.

Also interestingly everyone is writing the French off, think they would beat that shambles today.

Onwards and upwards.

So are you saying England were good or Samoa were a shambles also is there a world club challenge game this time?

2 minutes ago, The_Gun said:

Really disappointing from Samoa, and I don’t think such an uncompetitive game was a great thing for the competition.

Let’s hope the Fijians put up a decent performance later, otherwise the casual viewers might be turned off.

Got to say that’s my only worry as well.

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

You are Phil Gould and I claim my 5 pounds.

You can find evidence, from a few days ago, where I predicted a comfortable England victory against Samoa - Gould didn't predict that. There's also evidence (from about a week ago) of me predicting that England will win the tournament .You see, I believe England are good side.

France on the other hand...

Genuinely thought we were going to get beat comfortably today.

There was quite a few factors to the results which were: 

Penrith boys aren't used to playing on the back foot. The reason they always play on the front foot is due to Yeo, Cleary, Edwards, Fisher Harris who are the back bone of the team. Luai went missing today. The penrith backs looked average when playing on the back foot which was a stark reminder how good backs can look when your team was dominating. 

Suaualii despite being possibly the most physically gifted athlete I've seen at his age still has a hell of a lot to learn. There was talk from his manager he should be replacing Tedesco, I think today has reminded him hes no where near doing that. 

England were absolutely fantastic throughout. The forwards despite lacking in size just out worked them and our spine was constantly creating openings. 

We shouldn't get too carried away as I think Samoa thought they were going to hammer us and will have a hard reality check but fair play to Shaun Wane and the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tippytoe said:

Watkins for me but tbf it was a great performance by a tight team unit well done England 

Watkins was immense. Would just have given it to a halfback as they found the plays that turned our physical dominance into points on the board.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

France have no chance against Samoa.

You would think after having their pride dented quite badly (and actual training sessions...) that they should win against France.

Could go completely the other way mind you...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 minutes ago, The_Gun said:

Really disappointing from Samoa, and I don’t think such an uncompetitive game was a great thing for the competition.

Let’s hope the Fijians put up a decent performance later, otherwise the casual viewers might be turned off.

I think of all the match ups that could have actually benefitted the tournament by being uncompetitive it is this one panning out as it did. Samoa were favourites, much was made of their Grand Final contingent and they got stuffed. No one expected this score today and it was not England demolishing someone like Jamaica. 

England matches will now sell out, Australians and NRL fans will take notice and the tournament will now get significant coverage in the UK. It's all good.

• Like 5

For those asking …

Andrew Voss

@AndrewVossy

Left Newcastle at halftime. Now on train to Leeds for game 2 tonight of

@RLWC2021

What an adventure! Not calling until tomorrow

@NZRL_Kiwis

v

@LebanonRL

at beautiful Warrington.

• Like 1