1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

11 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

So are you saying England were good or Samoa were a shambles also is there a world club challenge game this time?

Hope so, saints haven't played one in years.

England outclassed Samoa, maybe a bit of arrogance into their approach as in just turn up and win until they get to the semis?

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't care what they think but I totally agree with your sentiment 

Boy would love us to bet the Aussies along the line

I’m long past caring what they think due to their shocking attitude towards international RL and beating them in this World Cup would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like Wane’s attitude in never being satisfied and saying there’s things to work on . I’m sure he means ending our sets for one . I thought our bench did give us impact , Thompson is perfect for that role 

Wow! What a performance that was! Loved the control that Williams and Welsby has, both were magnificent. Dom Young's finishing caught the eye and I was delighted for Kallum Watkins to get a try after all he's been through since the last World Cup.

Before the match, I was a little worried about how our pack would cope against Samoa's, but there was little need. That was a spectacular win and you could tell that the Newcastle crowd were loving it. Quiet at first, far from it by the end! English sporting fans love winning. And we don't do it as much as we'd like. So I think a casual viewer on the BBC would have loved it too.

43,000 was a good crowd. "Opening ceremony" aside, it looked fantastic. A massively positive start to the tournament. Looking forward to the next 60 matches!

• Like 3

I felt like a lone voice saying England would win comfortably.

I would have been more surprised to lose the game than to see that scoreline.

The NRL sycophants lose their common sense when it comes to these games - Samoa just off the plane and humungously overrated vs a well prepared England playing at home to launch the tournament.

Never in doubt.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Hope so, saints haven't played one in years.

England outclassed Samoa, maybe a bit of arrogance into their approach as in just turn up and win until they get to the semis?

I think both teams were in the mix 10 15mins in but England pack got on top especially Radley for last 20mins of first half, do you think saints will dominate again next year?

18 minutes ago, Damien said:

I actually worry for Dave, as a Warrington fan he isn't used to happy drinking.

Dave like all other Warrington fans will have realised that they did have an excellent halfback last season in Williams. It’s amazing what happens when you have a pack on the front foot

26 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

You can't claim Young and Thompson as NRL developed surely ?

I didn’t say that . But surely it was just a good team performance 1-17 and that’s all that matters 

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

RLWC2021 trending number 1 in UK , then Samoa and Rugby League all trending. Anyone who tells you the future isnt growing internationals and growing them in our own continent want locking up. 

My kids who have no interest in rugby watched the second half with me.

after the game they wanted to play tackling on the trampoline - they never do that.

There is something different about England that connects with people on a different way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1