1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 14:00

35 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The reality is this entire WC marketing has been 99% marketed at RL fans its preaching to the converted of which a massive % support their clubs not the game.

Geordies in front of me, geordies to the right, geordies to the left. The lads behind me were from Leeds, but only one of them appeared to know the rules - he was explaining to his mates how many points a try was worth. If it was 99% RL fans in attendance, most of them were well disguised.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Geordies in front of me, geordies to the right, geordies to the left. The lads behind me were from Leeds, but only one of them appeared to know the rules - he was explaining to his mates how many points a try was worth. If it was 99% RL fans in attendance, most of them were well disguised.

Geordies to the left of me , Geordies to the right 

Stuck in LiDl with you 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The reality is this entire WC marketing has been 99% marketed at RL fans its preaching to the converted of which a massive % support their clubs not the game.

Marks out of 10 for 10000 + empty seats at Newcastle  ZERO:(

P

Though capacity today was around 49,000 because of the TV stage and other things.

Oddly (not in a bad way) the people around me were not only geordies but wearing RU tops. Saw a fair few RU England tops actually. Pleased that from the train home I was on at least there were plenty of Londoners there. 

43,119 is the 4th highest England attendance ever and the only one in the top 10 that is not against Oz or NZ. In fact the next highest attendance for a game not against those two nations is 30,000 which we got against Wales in 1995, this being England's 12th highest attendance. 

To get that against a nation other than Oz or NZ is fantastic quite frankly and praise really should go out to everyone who attended and made it possible. I think ahead to the potential semi final against Tonga in London. If we could get even just over 50,000 for that it would be our 3rd highest ever attendance. Getting these kinds of crowds for games against supposedly smaller nations shows there is a real appetite to see England play these teams and that international RL isn't just about the big 3 playing each other all the time. 

I will say as well it looks like we're going to get our record home crowd for a game against France. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

43,119 is the 4th highest England attendance ever and the only one in the top 10 that is not against Oz or NZ. In fact the next highest attendance for a game not against those two nations is 30,000 which we got against Wales in 1995, this being England's 12th highest attendance. 

To get that against a nation other than Oz or NZ is fantastic quite frankly and praise really should go out to everyone who attended and made it possible. I think ahead to the potential semi final against Tonga in London. If we could get even just over 50,000 for that it would be our 3rd highest ever attendance. Getting these kinds of crowds for games against supposedly smaller nations shows there is a real appetite to see England play these teams and that international RL isn't just about the big 3 playing each other all the time. 

I will say as well it looks like we're going to get our record home crowd for a game against France. 

Let's not use spin. Include GB games. 

• Like 1

Who misses out for Bateman coming back in? 

I'm assuming Bateman's suspension is over? (I don't know) But Bateman will definitely be back in the starting 13, I feel certain of that, he's one of the leaders in this team. 

I think it will probably be Lees to miss out. 

I thought England were fantastic today. They stood up to Samoa early and then took the ###### out of them late.

I thought the bookies odds on the game were fair. I thought their forward pack would match England's and thought the Samoa backline would out-play England's.

Farnworth, Young and Makinson outplayed their opposite numbers and Watkins rolled back the years.

And England's pack dominated them.

I'm made up.

I might catch a disease for saying this but CMON ENGLAND

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Legend said:

Who misses out for Bateman coming back in? 

I'm assuming Bateman's suspension is over? (I don't know) But Bateman will definitely be back in the starting 13, I feel certain of that, he's one of the leaders in this team. 

I think it will probably be Lees to miss out. 

Good question. Is he a dead cert for starting, though?

35 minutes ago, Welshleaguelover said:

I thought England were fantastic today. They stood up to Samoa early and then took the ###### out of them late.

I thought the bookies odds on the game were fair. I thought their forward pack would match England's and thought the Samoa backline would out-play England's.

Farnworth, Young and Makinson outplayed their opposite numbers and Watkins rolled back the years.

And England's pack dominated them.

I'm made up.

I might catch a disease for saying this but CMON ENGLAND

You're not the only one!

It went missed but Davies said 'we' at one point.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Good question. Is he a dead cert for starting, though?

Wane seems to be intimating that he'll play his strongest team against France. Does that mean that he doesn't see today's team as his strongest?

“The players that didn’t play will play against France and that will be my strongest team”, Wane said.

“It was real difficult for me leaving those players out. It was a tough call for me. When I look, I’ve got Mik Oledzki, John Bateman, Mark Sneyd and Andy Ackers. All of them will play and it will be my best team.”

• Like 2

I'd like to mention Noble, Davies, and Robbie Paul. I've found Noble and Robbie in particular increasingly annoying and embarrassing over recent years, but I think they all went really well today and didn't go over-the-top with inanity - Robbie's incursion into the Samoa warm-up apart.

I watched the game with my English dad (public school RU and cricket fan) and he thought it was a marvellous occasion. I was thrilled to get him to sit down and see England RL put on a show on such a stage.

• Like 5

Round of applause for Victor Radley tonight he had the ball on a string.

3 Try Assists

3 Linebreak Assists

150 Run Metres

10 Metres per Carry

Sensational stuff, Him and whiteheads connection was something to behold. Very rusty at Hooker, a lot to improve on but quite a phenomenal performance.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

RLWC2021 trending number 1 in UK , then Samoa and Rugby League all trending. Anyone who tells you the future isnt growing internationals and growing them in our own continent want locking up. 

I don’t agree with you on a lot but I’ll back you all the way on this.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 hours ago, Jack GB said:

Also surrounded by geordies! what a day!!! i think 43k is fantastic vs Samoa - we can just build now!!! 

How did the locals find it in your opinion?

3736-mipm.gif

7 hours ago, Alan Robertson said:

You can find evidence, from a few days ago, where I predicted a comfortable England victory against Samoa - Gould didn't predict that. There's also evidence (from about a week ago) of me predicting that England will win the tournament .You see, I believe England are good side.

France on the other hand...

You are boring and I claim my etc…

3736-mipm.gif

Tommy Makinson proved himself as the best winger in the world today.

Incredible player

1 Try

1 Try Assist

200 Run Metres

4 Tackle Breaks

0 Errors

Not to mention great goal-kicking 9/11

Wayne Bennett was right all along, One of a kind player, there’s no winger has good as him.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 7