The retention list

Batley Bob

5 hours ago, phildog said:

Anyways....news required still (and I DON'T KNOW alright) on Perry Whiteley, Greg Johnson, Gledders, Blake, Ben Kaye and whether Josh Milthorpe and Aiden Ineson (in obvious attendance around the club) are still with us to learn their trade. I'm sure though that we'd like another inbound or 2 for shake-up purposes 

Ineson left to Bradford… it’s common knowledge 

I believe he did play for The Bulls, thinking back but was then seen at numerous games after that in his monogrammed Dogs gear. Maybe was a peg to fit a hole at the time. Certainly nothing was made of it by either club then or since.

How did we not make a offer for elliot is beyond me more potential than kear .. I'll wait for the how you know we didn't bit and he and donny offered more bit too as im sure someone will.put that load of rubbish too . Not impressed by kear signing player coming to end of his career thought we were past getting those type of signings but guess its our budget 

27 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

How did we not make a offer for elliot is beyond me more potential than kear .. I'll wait for the how you know we didn't bit and he and donny offered more bit too as im sure someone will.put that load of rubbish too . Not impressed by kear signing player coming to end of his career thought we were past getting those type of signings but guess its our budget 

Maybe we did show some interest,  but he just chose to go to donny instead. Nothing wrong at all in that if that is what elliot decided. It's not always about money.  We have and have had players that have had better offers by other clubs, but stayed with us.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Maybe we did show some interest,  but he just chose to go to donny instead. Nothing wrong at all in that if that is what elliot decided. It's not always about money.  We have and have had players that have had better offers by other clubs, but stayed with us.

Youve also had players D   who had better offers from you who went to other clubs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Elliot lives in Doncaster 

• Like 1

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Just out of interest, are you happy with any of the signings? Josh Woods? The thing about Hall for me is he would have been back up at best. As good a runner as he is, he had clear weaknesses at full back when covering for Hooley. Would he have been ahead of Campbell and Morton? Maybe he chose to go to Doncaster for reasons neither you nor l nor anyone else know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Seems a good signing time will tell but did he set world alight at Newcastle??

Isn't that the case for all signings? Don't they all deserve a bit of time. My opinion of woods is the same as yours, but he wasn't fortunate enough to be playing behind as good a pack as ours, so no grunt in front of him. He also didn't have much to play with in the backs, so not much behind him either. I was always impressed by Woods at most other clubs he has played at, just not Newcastle.  I do feel confident though that he can thrive under our coach. As for Hall, l felt that if he had stayed, he would have improved under Lingard, but was not first team upper Championship club material when he left us. I also think going to Bradford was a backward step, and his season proved that. What impact did he have at Dewsbury on loan?

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 2

EH would IMO have been vastly improved by Linners and would have drifted automatically into Hooley's hole AND have had longevity. Not that EK isn't greatly welcome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phildog said:

EH would IMO have been vastly improved by Linners and would have drifted automatically into Hooley's hole AND have had longevity. Not that EK isn't greatly welcome.

maybe (and believe it or not it can actually happen)...

he just didn't want to play for Batley...

#shockhorror 

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

24 minutes ago, phildog said:

Maybe.... but I doubt it!

pray tell

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.