The retention list

Batley Bob

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Just the way both he and his father spoke about the club whilst he was here, personal opinion as usual....

Never spoke to Elliott that season he was with us,so can't comment on that,but would loved to have seen him used as a strike player/back up winger this coming season.

maybe the lure of a regular 1st team spot at Doncaster swayed his decision to go there? who knows?

Good luck to the lad.

i still remember that score uphill against Bulls in playoff win 😀😀 great moment.

• Like 3

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, il cattivo said:

Never spoke to Elliott that season he was with us,so can't comment on that,but would loved to have seen him used as a strike player/back up winger this coming season.

maybe the lure of a regular 1st team spot at Doncaster swayed his decision to go there? who knows?

Good luck to the lad.

i still remember that score uphill against Bulls in playoff win 😀😀 great moment.

I agree.  I thought the try he scored against London uphill was even better.

On 14/11/2022 at 18:54, phildog said:

EH would IMO have been vastly improved by Linners and would have drifted automatically into Hooley's hole AND have had longevity. Not that EK isn't greatly welcome.

Do you actually read your posts before sending?

• Haha 5

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 13/10/2022 at 19:54, Batley Bob said:

Officially announced list 

Martyn Reilly

Keegan Hirst  - New Signing

George Senior

Dane Manning

Nyle Flynn

Alistair Leak

jonny Campbell

Dale Morton

James Brown

Josh Hodson

james Meadows

Elliott Kear - New Signing

Oli Burton

Ben White

Tom Lillycrop

Josh Wood - New Signing

Michael Ward

Kieran Buchanan

Lucas Walshaw

Samy Kibula

Squad is building nicely , I hope everyone’s happy with Linners squad building

• Like 2

IMG_0583.JPG

Whiteley definitely but Ryan Millar has left Bulls, being offered around the Championship...

We currently have only 20 players signed think on and it's Boxing Day 4 weeks on Monday.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Whiteley definitely but Ryan Millar has left Bulls, being offered around the Championship...

We currently have only 20 players signed think on and it's Boxing Day 4 weeks on Monday.

Edwin Ipape signed for Leigh on 18th January 2022, missed most of pre- season but ended up having a pretty good year, it be reight. 

2 hours ago, phildog said:

He isn’t been offered around he has signed for someone , just not announced yet

IMG_0583.JPG

3 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Hope more signings soon recruitment not been the best this year so far everyone recruitment looks strong so far ours little underwhelming looks linners got to get best out of them again . 

You say that recruitment has been poor, but can any other Championship team boast they have recruited 14 players that played in last year's Grand Final?

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 6

This ISN'T a criticism....could apply to any club, signing most of your last season's squad isn't a guarantee that they'll be as good or get better with another year of age on them. Refreshing the squad is a way of ensuring improvement as those players have to become new fans' favourites and future club legends. Re my comment on Millar...not meant to insinuate that we need to sign him, would rather see the other name mentioned re-signed but who knows what's in Linners' mind. Hasn't got it wrong so far.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Recruitment.been underwhelming and anyone can see this . Yes we kept all but 2 players but we're the big signing the one that makes you excited for the season to start 

Last season proved to me, I know absolutely nothing about a game I have watched for over 40 years. At the start of the season, I had us pegged (at best) for a 7th placed finish, we finished 2nd overall. 

Fortunately, we have staff at the club that have proved they know what they are doing

• Like 4

Just disappointed with doing so well last season thought we be putting a marker down that last season wasn't a fluke but no real quailty signings as yet woods could be but after wait and see sign 2 shown the door at Bradford and keegan who we will see if the desire still there .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Just disappointed with doing so well last season thought we be putting a marker down that last season wasn't a fluke but no real quailty signings as yet woods could be but after wait and see sign 2 shown the door at Bradford and keegan who we will see if the desire still there .

I think we would have taken Woods before Gilmore a couple of years ago. The guys from Bradford have potential. Look at Elliot Hall, he went to Bradford and didn't fit, but was excellent for us. RL is a team game and quite often the sum are greater than the parts. Craig knows he doesn't have money to burn and will consider very carefully the personality of the player as well as their potential. His job is then to fit them in and deliver that potential and I think he's quite good at doing that!

• Like 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Why the obsession with a player who couldn't cement a first 13 spot when he was with us, moved on and couldn't cement a starting spot and has now dropped a division? We've signed an international captain with superleague experience, I trust Linners has got the man he wanted, and not made a makeshift signing because we couldn't get Hall.  Really don't get the all negativity. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

I understand all this but potential in kear behave he 31 experience yeah but would you have hall back no way near as old and full of potential . We got a great coach time to back him or lose him only.matter of time before he goes to a club who will  

I'd agree I'd we were kicking off the season this Sunday, but we are a good way off that yet, and I'll bet our recruitment isn't done yet...

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: