The retention list

Batley Bob

3 minutes ago, Chris_T said:

Why the obsession with a player who couldn't cement a first 13 spot when he was with us, moved on and couldn't cement a starting spot and has now dropped a division? We've signed an international captain with superleague experience, I trust Linners has got the man he wanted, and not made a makeshift signing because we couldn't get Hall.  Really don't get the all negativity. 

We could sign James Tedesco and some people would still find summat to moan about!!

• Like 1

Just watched linners video someone explain how our team gets to grandfinal yet again we got no money .we got what ever from fev great turnout then on to leigh get more money but yet we're potless again .keighley spending big on there return to our division  I think yet again we be on lowest or second lowest budget in league . 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Just watched linners video someone explain how our team gets to grandfinal yet again we got no money .we got what ever from fev great turnout then on to leigh get more money but yet we're potless again .keighley spending big on there return to our division  I think yet again we be on lowest or second lowest budget in league . 

We get there the same way we have in the past, good players, good coach,  teamwork.  Behind possibly Fev and Fax we are the most consistent and successful club in the division for the past 12 years, what's different this time. Linners has proved over two seasons that a consistent side beats one with a big squad overhaul, we added Hodson, Meadows and Riley last season and improved on 2021. Weve added 4 players this time so lets see. What success did the big spend bring Fev, York, Newcastle last season? Whatever big bucks Keighley spend they can't buy  Leaky, Manning, Walsham, Campbell, any of Keighleys big bux players gonna replace them in our team? I really don't know why you bother with RL it seems to bring so much anguish to your life. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, toffeedog said:

31 year-old pushed out by the bulls What's negative with questioning the fact we got a ageing squad and we sign a player who only got 2 seasons maybe 3 left . Why not get another hooley desperate for a chance to get back there 

Hooleys don't just grow on trees, you've signed a very good fullback in elliot. 

11 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Genuine questions for TD: -

Do you know what the prize money was for reaching the GF?

Do you know how much we got from the Featherstone and Leigh once the expenses were taken in to account?

Do you know what bonuses, (if any), were paid to the players after beating Featherstone in the Semi Final?

I don't know the answer to any of these, so if you could enlighten me, I would be grateful. I suspect once you have answered them, it might point you to the answer to your own question too. 

13 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

If elliot is a excellent fullback why did bradford sign Jack walker ???? 

I'm not sure using the logic of Bradford's recruitment strategy is anything to go by. Remember, the Bulls have just got rid of the player that you have been arguing that we should also have signed. What's the difference? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

Do you know how much we got from the Featherstone and Leigh once the expenses were taken in to account?

Do you know what bonuses, (if any), were paid to the players after beating Featherstone in the Semi Final?

I don't know the answer to any of these, so if you could enlighten me, I would be grateful. I suspect once you have answered them, it might point you to the answer to your own question too. 

To be fair,the club should have had a nice bonus income from that run to the final.However that money should be spent in a sensible way.And Kevin has'nt done a bad job of that over the last few years,has he?

• Like 1

To me, with so many reaching 30 the 'sensible' way of spending any bonus should have been on youth who we should tie down to 2 year contracts to allow for a season's loan out to be ready for their 2nd seadon here. However, last season we had Collinson,Carr, Milthorpe, Burton and what happened? Collinson is now lost to us in his 2nd year and if he does well at Rams might not fancy coming back so is a loss to us. Hall WOULD have been ideal now, in my opinion, unshared as it maybe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

To be fair,the club should have had a nice bonus income from that run to the final.However that money should be spent in a sensible way.And Kevin has'nt done a bad job of that over the last few years,has he?

They should have had a decent amount of money from that run, as you point out. But, just because they should, doesn't necessarily mean that they did.

The prize money for reaching the final for example, seems to be a closer guarded secret than the recipe for Coca-Cola. I haven't seen it published anywhere.

I had heard rumours, but nothing concrete, Barrow, when they came to divvying up the gate receipts, had advised that they had given away over 1500 free tickets for the game, without consulting Batley beforehand. 

I noticed whilst going in at Featherstone in the semi final through the gate, (not turnstile), that we were all ushered through, lots were paying with cash. Was all of that cash accounted for? Not saying it wasn't, but it raised questions amongst my group when we were going in to the ground.

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

They should have had a decent amount of money from that run, as you point out. But, just because they should, doesn't necessarily mean that they did.

The prize money for reaching the final for example, seems to be a closer guarded secret than the recipe for Coca-Cola. I haven't seen it published anywhere.

I had heard rumours, but nothing concrete, Barrow, when they came to divvying up the gate receipts, had advised that they had given away over 1500 free tickets for the game, without consulting Batley beforehand. 

I noticed whilst going in at Featherstone in the semi final through the gate, (not turnstile), that we were all ushered through, lots were paying with cash. Was all of that cash accounted for? Not saying it wasn't, but it raised questions amongst my group when we were going in to the ground.

I was'nt aware of the points you mention.Maybe the reward was'nt as large as the club deserved.

Let's just see what the season brings and hope our players body's and legs hold out another hard season   the hill isn't forgiving the mind says yes the legs say no ask Danny maun he dropped down because the slope for the full season wasn't for him another season . Realistically now we're ageing squad great team sprit and great coaching but have we peaked as a team 

30 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Let's just see what the season brings and hope our players body's and legs hold out another hard season   the hill isn't forgiving the mind says yes the legs say no ask Danny maun he dropped down because the slope for the full season wasn't for him another season . Realistically now we're ageing squad great team sprit and great coaching but have we peaked as a team 

Who knows? Answer: nobody.  So just go along with the ride, see what happens and please, for the love of God, stop over-analysing everything.  We are still months away from the start of the season, just enjoy the successes of last season for a little while, for goodness sake.  We have one of the best young coaches in RL in charge, maybe trust in him a little and chill out!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

Who knows? Answer: nobody.  So just go along with the ride, see what happens and please, for the love of God, stop over-analysing everything.  We are still months away from the start of the season, just enjoy the successes of last season for a little while, for goodness sake.  We have one of the best young coaches in RL in charge, maybe trust in him a little and chill out!!

Also one of the best Squadbuilder , supporting the best young coach 

The more members the better the Squadbuilder 

8698FDC8-1F1F-4EDB-B9DD-A8D8C56ECBF8.jpeg

• Like 2

IMG_0583.JPG

On 25/11/2022 at 10:37, DOGFATHER said:

I don't believe that there is any prize money for finishing first, never mind second. There should be a share of the nett takings, however much that might be, but no actual prize.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 25/11/2022 at 12:27, gittinsfan said:

Not to mention impending energy bills - a real headache for clubs that own their own ground, I understand.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

I wonder how much the club makes out of the PV panels and wind turbine?

Hardly anything. the feed-in tariffs have never increased even though energy prices have gone through the roof.