Pay on the gate? Coventry Oz v Scotland game.

BJW

Does anybody know if I can pay on the day for the Australia v Scotland game at Coventry? At event in Dudley so will go on way home if time permits. Don't want to buy tickets then not go. Have also posted this in RLWC thread so if admin want to delete feel free.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

52 minutes ago, BJW said:

Does anybody know if I can pay on the day for the Australia v Scotland game at Coventry? At event in Dudley so will go on way home if time permits. Don't want to buy tickets then not go. Have also posted this in RLWC thread so if admin want to delete feel free.

Don’t know the answer to your question, but they’ll be nuts if they aren’t. 

2 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Why on earth would you need to pay at the gate.  You can literally buy a ticket on your phone at any point up to kick off 

Is that button A or B?

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

22 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Why on earth would you need to pay at the gate.  You can literally buy a ticket on your phone at any point up to kick off 

Well, for a start, unless your phone has a printer attached, you wouldn't be getting in to the ground.

Why on earth would you want to turn away potential paying customers by not allowing people to buy tickets at the ground?

46 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

And you can literally buy a ticket on the gate at the ground at any point up to kick off (from the gate opening anyway) and it is far easier to just walk up to the gate and pay than faff around with your phone a couple hours before going. A lot of people aren't into tech and prefer the old ways.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BJW said:

I think you will be able to buy WASPS RU , at the gate if you have an extra tenner . 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Well, for a start, unless your phone has a printer attached, you wouldn't be getting in to the ground.

Why on earth would you want to turn away potential paying customers by not allowing people to buy tickets at the ground?

Only at certain grounds is the paper option a requirement, the majority you can buy and use your phone for entry 

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Only at certain grounds is the paper option a requirement, the majority you can buy and use your phone for entry 

Indeed. As it happens, my ticket for this particular game does say that it must be printed, although I expect in reality a phone will be fine (not my phone though as I dropped it and although it still works, I don't think anyone will be scanning anything off this screen any more 😞 )

It was more that this particular poster had been having a go at other people for not being able to print out tickets, so it was a bit odd to see him taking exactly the opposite position on this thread.

6 minutes ago, JonM said:

Indeed. As it happens, my ticket for this particular game does say that it must be printed, although I expect in reality a phone will be fine (not my phone though as I dropped it and although it still works, I don't think anyone will be scanning anything off this screen any more 😞 )

It was more that this particular poster had been having a go at other people for not being able to print out tickets, so it was a bit odd to see him taking exactly the opposite position on this thread.

it is a bit odd as in even my tickets for Headingley this weekend says they have to be printed.

Yet I haven't had to print for Headingley before in normal SL game'...

Not sure why now have to print... as you say it is clearly stated on my ticket that don't have digital and must print.

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Many people either don’t have the facility to do that, wouldn’t understand it or wouldn’t trust it, particular of the older generation. 

• Like 1

I m that older generation but consider myself quite savvy and not a technophobe with modern electronic stuff,  so having been bitten once with my phone (android) not working on the scanner I always print off, albeit the scanner usually works but it amounts too to much hassle if it doesn't, the jobs worth stewards won't let you in even though you have the reciept for the ticket.