RLWC eve

I can't wait for this and especially tomorrow here in Newcastle.

This could be the same anywhere but if you're up here over the weekend talk to people about rugby league and spread the word.

We're all ambassadors for the sport, yes some people might not have a clue. But rugby league takes over Newcastle tomorrow so let's spread the word and show our sport off. 

It's our chance to get more people aware and involved!

• Like 12

I am more excited / nervous today than I have been for 5 years. 

For so many reasons I am desperate for an England win tomorrow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

While you’re up there, you could head out tonight and spread the word around town.

I’d start with Saba’s Sardinian restaurant and bar down by the quay / Tyne bridge. Their Sardinian sausage pasta is a treat.

• Like 3

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

I can't wait. I posted this morning on one of the other World Cup threads that I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve and that is exactly how I've felt all day. It's a long time since I've been this excited about RL. The international game just adds a whole new dimension. 

• Like 10

Been spreading the word in Jesmond, not an easy task as it's full of students with southern accents. Did however find a Turkish waiter working in an Italian restaurant who wished England good luck and asked for a positive review....

• Like 3

Woke up in my hotel in Darlington. Put radio 4 news on and heard great feature about the game and a profile of Brixton Bulls. Will be getting to Newcastle soon and can’t wait. 

• Like 4

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, nonetheless, enjoy the World Cup everyone, 12 months ago it looked like it may not happen at all and instead we have a potentially brilliant tournament ahead of us in terms of quality, attendances and legacy.

I think the whole thing will be belting and am looking forward to watching as many games as I can on tv in addition to the games I have tickets for.

Feel like I’m forgetting something… oh yeah, come on England!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Been spreading the word in Jesmond, not an easy task as it's full of students with southern accents. Did however find a Turkish waiter working in an Italian restaurant who wished England good luck and asked for a positive review....

Which Italians is that.

The Lonsdale Pub should have the game on in Jesmond.

5 hours ago, EggFace said:

Which Italians is that.

The Lonsdale Pub should have the game on in Jesmond.

The Avanti, recently been taken over he said. Might try the Lonsdale tonight then for the Convicts v Fiji game.

• Like 1