Are you sure Samoa are better than France?

14 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Whilst Samoa are the complete opposite, 0 Cohesion and Chemistry and purely a side put together with no relationship basis.

I thought that Samoa were going to be a smooth, seamless attacking machine because their number 6 and their backs came from the NRL premiers and would take their dominant club form into the World Cup.

Is that not a thing any more?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I'll tell you later, I don't really ever trust the French team to live up to their potential but if they can put in a good performance tonight I could be reassured.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Samoa appear to have suffered (again) from the Matt Parish effect, where the whole is significantly weaker than the sum of the parts. Australia wanted four or possibly five of the Samoans who played on Saturday and looked like they just couldn't be bothered, so they must be reasonably talented. If the Samoan players wake themselves up France have no chance, but if Samoa play like they did on Saturday they might just cause an upset.

5 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Massive Call, France win

Cohesion is key and is arguably more important than skill.

France are the most cohesive team in the World Cup for almost of all there players coming from 2 clubs.

Whilst Samoa are the complete opposite, 0 Cohesion and Chemistry and purely a side put together with no relationship basis.

On skill it is obviously Samoa, But France have a few very good players who would walk into the Samoan side Garcia and showed time and time again the season that he is up there with the best locks in SL, And Mourge is Something to Behold. Gigot on a good day is unstoppable. French Outside backs are very classy, and the rest of the team is also very solid no real issues in the squad, however I can’t say the same about Samoa. There side is completely full with issues and I personally can’t see them developing and growing as a team enough in 2 weeks to take down the French.

You were spot on about Saturday!

I think the Pacific players play a lot better for Australia. They don't seem to have the same belief without the Australians as team mates. 

It works the other way around too I think. Australia look less effective without their pacific players.

New Zealand are different as they are all of Maori descent? 

2 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Hopefully Trent Robinson as assistant coach will spark something into us.

He could have a really positive impact.

Samoa will be favourites, no doubt, but I can see this being a pretty competitive game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Niels said:

You were spot on about Saturday!

I think the Pacific players play a lot better for Australia. They don't seem to have the same belief without the Australians as team mates. 

It works the other way around too I think. Australia look less effective without their pacific players.

New Zealand are different as they are all of Maori descent? 

I’ve been right about every prediction so far this World Cup, Hoepfully this one is correct too. Just watching the France-Greece game now, France look quite strong they are not playing there regular ad-Lib style game rather dominating up the middle with two of 3 tries coming from forwrads. Not to mention an impressive 1102 Metres - 607. This is going to very important against a strong Samoan middle so it’s good to see them flourishing.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I’ve been right about every prediction so far this World Cup

What was your prediction for Scotland Italy?

3 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

France were really poor last night.  They'll need a massive improvement against Samoa, who you'd think will be smarting from the England shellacking and will want to bounce back.

Maybe by the time they play each other France will be smarting from an England shellacking and Samoa will be coming off the back of a scratchy win against Greece.

I don't think France were 'really poor' incidentally. They won the game easily* and then lost intensity. Their full back and scrum half had poor games. Their hooker and pack were excellent, besides some scratchy handling by Sangaré when he came on.

*This is 99% of the test of how good they were.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are you sure Samoa are better than France? 101% I am.

The betting should be like 1/100, those Samoans are not going to play like they did against England again, does anyone think that if England would be as dominant again if they played Samoa again this weekend.

I`m not saying a word ! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are you sure Samoa are better than France? 101% I am.

The betting should be like 1/100, those Samoans are not going to play like they did against England again, does anyone think that if England would be as dominant again if they played Samoa again this weekend.

I would like a bet on that 100 to 1.

On England playing Samoa again it would be diffent but I think England would come out on top. If France play like last night and Samoa like Saturday it would be close but still a Samoa win but I think they only need a slight improvement to beat France easily. 

22 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I would like a bet on that 100 to 1.

On England playing Samoa again it would be diffent but I think England would come out on top. If France play like last night and Samoa like Saturday it would be close but still a Samoa win but I think they only need a slight improvement to beat France easily. 

I said 1/100 meaning £1 back for every £100 wagered.

Agree Samoa will beat France very easily, I cannot see any match ups from 1 to 17 where any French player is better than his opposite, or even the squads allowing for the Samoan injuries.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I said 1/100 meaning £1 back for every £100 wagered.

Agree Samoa will beat France very easily, I cannot see any match ups from 1 to 17 where any French player is better than his opposite, or even the squads allowing for the Samoan injuries.

I will put my pound back in my pocket. 

• Haha 1