(8,514 per match)

2017 RLWC: 382,080

(13,646 per match)

2013 RLWC: 458,483

(16,374 per match)

2022 WOMEN’S EURO: 574,865

(18,544 per match)

ORIGINAL TARGET: 750,000

already a fifth of the way to beating 2000 World Cup two games in. Goes to show how terrible and poorly organised that World Cup was.

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

already a fifth of the way to beating 2000 World Cup two games in. Goes to show how terrible and poorly organised that World Cup was.

What you on about? Watching Australia best Russia 110-4 in front of 3k at the Boulevard was the epitome of planning! Not to mention including the Maori!

• Haha 6
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

6 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Yes; remember how Nigel Wood deliberately paralysed the UK's rail network after the Hatfield derailment and also organised the worst weather since records began?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Yes; remember how Nigel Wood deliberately paralysed the UK's rail network after the Hatfield derailment and also organised the worst weather since records began?

It rained didn't it , for 5 weeks non stop as I recall 

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Torrential downpours, day after day.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The attendances for the 2000 WC were far worse than the records suggest, many figures were just made up i was at the France v PNG game in Paris where around 1800 attended the official crowd was given as 7800 if i remember correctly

The following 2 matches in Carcassonne v Tonga and South Africa in Albi the figures given were correct, just Paris was a dreamed up figure (How do i know:) well i was sat next to the person who announced it, as he is a long term friend i will keep his name to myself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The attendances for the 2000 WC were far worse than the records suggest, many figures were just made up i was at the France v PNG game in Paris where around 1800 attended the official crowd was given as 7800 if i remember correctly

The following 2 matches in Carcassonne v Tonga and South Africa in Albi the figures given were correct, just Paris was a dreamed up figure (How do i know:) well i was sat next to the person who announced it, as he is a long term friend i will keep his name to myself.

Some of the Scottish and Irish games looked very generously counted too.

The rain and rail obviously contributed to what became a disaster that people didn't want to be associated with, but they can't have sold many tickets prior to the events either.

2 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Some of the Scottish and Irish games looked very generously counted too.

The rain and rail obviously contributed to what became a disaster that people didn't want to be associated with, but they can't have sold many tickets prior to the events either.

This is it. The rain and trains did not help and they really did have an impact - but it would have been a disaster anyway.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

41 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

2 wingers

2 props

2 centres

2 halves...

You can tell this was before David Waite got the coaching job, can't you?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes it did! gave up trying to watch one game as the sky dish was obliterated by a constant deluge and pixel destruction.

Never really happened again ! 

Looking at IRL v Jam it seems the average will take a hit. It's like 2000 again. Maybe more games should have been taken to non-traditional areas. After attending yesterday and speaking to geordies in front and behind me, they seemed to think the world cup prices are reasonable.  

It seems to be the more traditional fan who's protesting against the ticket prices. I genuinely think some fans think games should be £20 for adults and £5 for kids forever. With prices like that then this sport has zero chance of growing. 

The bargain basement price culture that has been created by the RFL and their terrible last min panic selling tactics, and that is hurting the sport. Fair play to the RLWC team for sticking to their guns and not giving big discounts. Many will point the finger at them when to me it's the traditional fan who is letting the sport down.

Yesterday made me wonder why your UK event attending sports fan who never watches the game finds the prices reasonable to pay when there are plenty of regular fans who claim, "its the greatest sport" and also complain that the sport is skint, refuse to buy tickets.

I am not even going to start with those who are comparing prices to your standard super league game. 

• Like 13

£20 is an insane bargain for an adult ticket in most sports. 

Remember how expensive it is in more mainstream sports just to get a ticket, ie. PL, NFL etc. 

Fwiw, a few game down at Exeter at Sandy Park, Bath, Southampton all I reckon would have done well with new potential fans.

I dunno I think both codes need to expand their fan bases in the country and it would be nice to go to places it doesn’t venture to often. 

Edited by Wendigo7
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Attendance at Italy v Scotland just been given out as 6206

Newcastle Falcons would be very pleased with that at Kingston Park this season having struggled to break 5k, and tickets are similarly priced RLWC compared to RU Premiership.

Newcastle Thunder tend to do nearer 1k, with much cheaper tickets than  RLWC.

I would say that is pretty good going and suggests a reasonable number of Scots made the trip.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

I genuinely think some fans think games should be £20 for adults and £5 for kids forever. With prices like that then this sport has zero chance of growing. 

If we’re expecting the same people to attend multiple games over such a short period of time then that availability needs to be there. Though I expect there were plenty of lower priced tickets at Leeds tonight and no ###### seems to have taken it up.

I’m literally just heading out of the door to NZ v Lebanon and £25 to stand behind the sticks is absolutely the ceiling of what I would pay for a game like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wendigo7 said:

£20 is insane for an adult ticket in most sports. 

Remember how expensive it is in more mainstream sports just to get a ticket, ie. PL, NFL etc. 

Fwiw, a few game down at Exeter at Sandy Park, Bath, Southampton all I reckon would have done well with new potential fans.

I dunno I think both codes need to expand their fan bases in the country and it would be nice to go to places it doesn’t venture to often. 

I agree - an adult cinema ticket is around a tenner nowadays, if not more.

33 minutes ago, Wendigo7 said:

£20 is an insane bargain for an adult ticket in most sports. 

You can pay a lot more than £20 to see a band who are very early on their careers. £20 for a game of International RL is a joke. 

Edited by Mark S
  • Like 4