RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

46 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Maybe - and if so then of course that’s a good thing.

But it looks terrible, alienates fans and potential new followers. 

As with everything it’s a balance - and we’ve got it badly wrong on ticket prices. You can charge premium prices for a England games in big stadiums but not for everything else.

Got our QF tickets for £25 each, decent seats too, certainly not the cheapest. That’s reasonable imho.   Even if the games today were free they wouldn’t have sold out tbf, this isn’t football. 

2 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

Concerning that the NZ match has had the lowest crowd so far. In previous tournaments, we could often rely on the Kiwis to draw 5 figure crowds. 

It’s a Sunday night in Warrington against a no mark (in the nicest possible way) team, it was never going to get a five figure crowd. Us RL geeks obsess over attendances when actually what’s on the pitch is far more important. 

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Which stand was that mate? Because Dutton guaranteed us that nobody will be getting discounts, and it was £20 to stand behind the sticks today 

I think when tickets first went on sale they were £5 than they are now. I got £55 tickets for the opener and the Emirates S/F and I seem to remember when they first went on sale they were £50

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

They either needed to get non rl fans to games or have cheaper tickets/better packages for fans, so they’d go to multiple games.

Some of the fixtures just aren’t appealing enough too for anyone who knows they are likely to be a thrashing. 

21 minutes ago, bratman said:

I thought that at the start but was encouraged by the "low availability" signs on the website, which was not entirely accurate!

They are proving that they are very happy to lie to customers and treat us like mugs. 

As for Dutton's comments about not bothering to spend money on fan entertainment outside of the 80 minutes, he's been good to his word. 

St James Pk was broadly excellent, and felt like a major event, ignoring the technical issues which was a real shame as the welcome looked great. 

• Like 2

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Different time pre covid and pre everyone being broke.

A lot of circumstances behind the drop. Again Union has built up a culture of internationals, we are barely scratching the surface.

I don't think we do enough to promote internationals to a new audience. Whenever I've been to international games, it's not just RL fans, but a lot of newcomers to the sport. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

So, we have a 'green' availability game tomorrow. Scary.

It's a really weird approach fot tomorrow. They did this originally as a cheap deal for families - and they have done £20.21 for every adult ticket wherever they sit. But for every other midweek game you can get tickets for £15 or £20 anyway, so it hardly comes across as a cheap deal. 

So I don't think the offer does anything. Expect another low crowd. 

Just now, Dave T said:

It's a really weird approach fot tomorrow. They did this originally as a cheap deal for families - and they have done £20.21 for every adult ticket wherever they sit. But for every other midweek game you can get tickets for £15 or £20 anyway, so it hardly comes across as a cheap deal. 

So I don't think the offer does anything. Expect another low crowd. 

I think only 1/3 of the seats are on sale. And it's back for 2 more goes at Donny just to rub it in.

But kids for £2 tomorrow is an amazing deal.

• Like 1

I went to a lot of games in 2013. I’m going to two this time having requested a refund for all of the tickets l originally bought pre Covid.

I’d have loved to have gone to more but they just aren’t worth the price to me now and I only have so much I want to spend on the tournament.

• Like 1

Just now, Archie Gordon said:

I think only 1/3 of the seats are on sale. And it's back for 2 more goes at Donny just to rub it in.

But kids for £2 tomorrow is an amazing deal.

Yeah, I think this was originally an afternoon game during school holidays. 

I'm not sure why they abandoned the idea, as the Rd 3 games are during school holidays I think... 

3 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Another match which would probably do better at a non-heartland venue.

Or at least a small heartland venue. Doncaster as one of three games is a tough sell. 

It's like they have abandoned almost everything food from 2013.

Went to Scotland v Italy today and really enjoyed it.

Not sure there were 6300 there, but that and the Jamaica v Ireland attendances seem fine to me.

The NZ attendance was poor and Lebanon are a half decent side. I think the 'heartland' needs to take some blame for not showing up. Prices or not. 

Edited by Leonard

8 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

As every poor attendance is posted, I keep reading how that game was never a big going to be a big seller. If that was the level of our ambition, the wrong people are in charge. 

Just being realistic. The RFL do nothing to promote the games and just expect heartlands fans to turn up in their droves. They need to target newcomers. Surely there was an advertising agency they could have linked with?

10 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Went to Scotland v Italy today and really enjoyed it.

Not sure there were 6300 there, but that and the Jamaica v Ireland attendances seem fine to me.

The NZ attendance was poor and Lebanon are a half decent side. I think the 'heartland' needs to take some blame for not showing up. Prices or not. 

I guessed about 6k at the ground. The big main stand was pretty full.