RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

10 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

There is a lot of concern about some disappointing attendances with the cost of tickets being largely to blame.

There are probably some valid criticisms we could make in relation to the marketing and pricing strategies. But wouldn't it be sensible for the tournament to progress a little further before we all rush too hastily to judgement?

We're talking about what we've seen so far. Warrington was a car crash. Newcastle was amazing, but wasn't the sellout Dutton has been telling us for months was on the cards. Leeds was underwhelming. 

We can judge the tournament so far and still be supportive and hopeful about what is to come. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think that is evident, with the best will in the world will the Bronco's ever make headway in an oversubscribed area of professional football, wherever they have layed their hat in the last 40years it is not long before they have moved on, the local populas just doesn't seem to be persuaded.

The Broncos market and the big RL match (or any sporting event) market are completely different things.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

I'm not that fussed over the attendances and i don't think that many people are these days, despite the 000s of threads...

My concern is that the attendances are a symptom of poor management and it's this that is frustrating. Certainly for me anyway. 

I don't mind the losing (small attendances), if we'd play well, ie set up decent pricing structures, tried to spread it geographically, have a decent website, be able to choose seats etc etc etc, but we're seeing too many management issues over and over again.

It's madness that no games played in RU areas....like you say it would be an easy sell 

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think that is evident, with the best will in the world will the Bronco's ever make headway in an oversubscribed area of professional football, wherever they have layed their hat in the last 40years it is not long before they have moved on, the local populas just doesn't seem to be persuaded.

International RL has been a great sell in London. And we are talking about international RL. RL in London is not all about the Broncos.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's madness that no games played in RU areas....like you say it would be an easy sell 

The Rec in Bath would have been a good choice I think, particularly as there are a couple of League clubs in that area. Maybe Gloucester too. 

Just now, Archie Gordon said:

Wanna buy a ticket? 

I've just done 6 hours each way - so not tonight Josephine.

I see all tickets are £20 tonight - a few at £25? So pricing really not an issue then.

10 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Were any seats at Donny ever priced £100?

I'm not sure if its always been like this but tickets are now cheap with a set price for anywhere and even premium seats at just £25. I wonder if it was like this a few days ago?:

image.png.7076b38747cf051645da6917bba6ee0b.png

Edited by Damien

3 hours ago, Balmain1969 said:

Going through the remaining fixtures and based on what we've seen so far (on the field), I think these will be the best potential games to draw a crowd

• Tonga v PNG - 10k
  • Eng v Fra - 25k
  • Leb v Ire - 10k (this will decide QF spot)
  • NZ v Ire - 15k (esp. if Ire beat Leb)
  • Sam v Fra - 13k ((this will decide QF spot, and hopefully France have a good showing against England)

Potential QF

• Aus v Ire/Leb - 15k (Huddersfield)
  • Eng v PNG - 25k (Wigan)
  • NZ v Fiji - 15k (Hull)
  • Ton v Samoa/Fra - 13k (HJ)

Potential SF

• Aus v NZ - 40k (Leeds)
  • Eng v Ton - 60k (Emirates)

Potential Final

• NZ/Aus v Eng - 70k (OT)

TOTAL - 311,000 + 74,464 that have already attended = 385,464

There are a remaining 44 fixtures across mens, womens and wheelchair, they would need to average 4,200 to get a total aggregate of 570k. 

385,464 total would yield an average of 12,434, lower than any tournament of the past 30 years except for 2000.

I can't see Sky being too impressed by that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I'm not sure if its always been like this but tickets are now cheap with a set price for anywhere and even premium seats at just £25. I wonder if it was like this a few days ago?:

It was always like this as was originally set up for a family crowd in October half-term (2021).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

Fair enough. I was just looking to make a quick £9.79.

With the cost of living - that's not what it used to be.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I did think that when I just looked.

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

For reference:

2640.png

Suggests always been that way other than Club 21. So at least that game has always been priced sensibly. 

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

I booked the ticket package for Donny in Cat. A and the ticket lists the individual price as £11. I can’t complain at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, londonrlfan said:

Middlesbrough is a poor choice imo. But when you've forced yourself to only play in a small corner of the country, there won't be many stadiums we could realistically use. 

Agreed.  The fact that Tonga v Cook Islands is being played in a bigger stadium then England's 2 remaining group games tell you all you need to know  about the organisation of this tournament

• Like 1

There is a very simple rule which I think needs applying to this thread.

A lack of sales can only ever be attributed to the seller, not the customer.

If the organisers are unhappy with the sales of last night’s fixture, then the blame solely lies with them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

I'm not that fussed over the attendances and i don't think that many people are these days, despite the 000s of threads...

My concern is that the attendances are a symptom of poor management and it's this that is frustrating. Certainly for me anyway. 

I don't mind the losing (small attendances), if we'd play well, ie set up decent pricing structures, tried to spread it geographically, have a decent website, be able to choose seats etc etc etc, but we're seeing too many management issues over and over again.

sums it up well

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

This is fine but I find it very hard to believe we are going to do much better than 5-6000 for most of the non-England group games, based on yesterday's showings, so that average is going to sink.

I do feel very deflated by that Warrington crowd, tbh. It was a good game and to me an attractive fixture, but clearly people weren't prepared to pay to attend it and I don't see why that will be different at Doncaster, St Helens, Leigh, etc.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.