RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

49 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m hoping the Hull QF will be close to a sell out, though the ticket website still says medium availability which isn’t good. Taking a group of 8 mates up there who don’t follow RL, and while we’ll have a good day and night out regardless it would be loads better for their impression of the sport if the ground is full and rocking. 

Hope so mate. 

Reporting 35,000 already sold for the Emirates semi final.

If I can't get in because I leave it to the last minute (I won't know if I can get there until a few days before) then I will be properly delighted.

• Like 7

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

If I can't get in because I leave it to the last minute (I won't know if I can get there until a few days before) then I will be properly delighted.

I'm the same, will only know if I can travel that week, but intend to go. If I miss out, I'll be delighted! 

• Like 3

Really enjoying this world cup but agree that in the attempt to use better grounds we have lost the special atmosphere of full old school stadiums, going back to the 2013 world cup and 2 packed in 7500 crowds at workington look a lot better than sparse seating areas

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Now let's sit back and watch England lose in the 1/4s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

3 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

Now let's sit back and watch England lose in the 1/4s.

Kevin Sinfield can't leap out of the line again this time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I've just been sat in a pub with the cricket T20 WC being reported on. All the highlights I have seen seem to involve empty stadiums. With no mention in the reports. 

I want RL games to be full but at the same time, RL is a bit TOO hung up on attendances. 

Those are essentially prelims.

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Kevin Sinfield can't leap out of the line again this time.

Don't, I still haven't recovered from that game. Not sure I ever will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

It's the Burgess penalty that kills me before that.

4 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

So are the early games of the RLWC but it doesn't seem to exempt it from being criticised. 

No, they're different.

These are eight non qualified nations being reduced to four before the main tournament - the Super 12s - start and those four join the eight who qualified directly.

4 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I've been dead inside since the Ashes Test at Old Trafford in 1990. This was just one more shot of numbness.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Will Holt said:

Also 20,000 sold already for the Elland Rd semi so 110k+ so far for semis & final

So 17k to go at Leeds, 25k to go in London and about 17k to go in Manchester. 

I think the latter two are very doable to fill as they involve England. They should be pushing for another 10k at Leeds and it’ll look awesome. 

Any indicators on the QFs?

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

So 17k to go at Leeds, 25k to go in London and about 17k to go in Manchester. 

I think the latter two are very doable to fill as they involve England. They should be pushing for another 10k at Leeds and it’ll look awesome. 

Any indicators on the QFs?

You would think an England finalist and every England game from the QF to Final will basically sell out.

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So apparently 55k sold for the final, 35k for the emirates semi and 20k for Elland road

They seem pretty healthy to say its not certain England are in the semi and Final

England in the final (preferably against NZ) at a sold out Old Trafford would make my year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

England in the final (preferably against NZ) at a sold out Old Trafford would make my year. 

Tonga, PNG or Samoa in the final against NZ at a sold out Old Trafford would also be acceptable, if you're listening, $deity.