RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

A fair few have come in since the anthems... but it's not 10k's worth.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

A fair few have come in since the anthems... but it's not 10k's worth.

One of the problems we have is that they clearly felt we would get big crowds and opened whole grounds. Had everyone been sat facing the cameras together it would probably enhance the experience for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's a big ground, I think it's a decent effort for a game like this.

I appreciate your positivity, Damien, but do wonder whether they've really made as much they could have of this fixture - it's the nearly always champions against a home nation. Would a venue closer to the border and a weekend afternoon have enabled more Scots to travel?

38 minutes ago, N2022 said:

I appreciate your positivity, Damien, but do wonder whether they've really made as much they could have of this fixture - it's the nearly always champions against a home nation. Would a venue closer to the border and a weekend afternoon have enabled more Scots to travel?

Kingston Park with a 10k capacity was the ground for this. 

• Like 2

chief executive Jon Dutton acknowledged on Thursday that hindsight might have yielded a different model to confront the ongoing cost-of-living crisis.

However, he also defended the decision.

"We have made some mistakes and we hold our hands up when we make mistakes," said Dutton.

"It we had the opportunity to do this all over again, having gone through the pandemic, would we price stuff differently?

No way it looked like a crowd of 10k there tonight. Tickets have been on sale now long enough and we get less than a third of the capacity. Would have been great to hold the game in the area in a smaller ground, sadly the interest in an RL world cup is not there.

• Haha 1