RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 minute ago, Cowardly Fan said:

Please do. Every post has been a strawman argument - noone has said what you claim.

I claim? Other than attendances not being up to scratch what exactly am I claiming? This claim of strawman stuff is just the actual nonsense. I WANT RL to do better than it does, what's so weird about that???

You're just classic head in the sand mate, talk to like-minded people and all is ok/average if you say it is. Except it's not. Still, nonsense and strawmen eh? 

3 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I claim? Other than attendances not being up to scratch what exactly am I claiming? This claim of strawman stuff is just the actual nonsense. I WANT RL to do better than it does, what's so weird about that???

You're just classic head in the sand mate, talk to like-minded people and all is ok/average if you say it is. Except it's not. Still, nonsense and strawmen eh? 

That they aren't doing anything about it. That others are happy with attendances. 

If we don't agree with 'free tickets on social media' then apparently that's giving up & we don't care about rugby league or want it to do better. 

I worked in sports marketing for years. Met with RFL on a couple of occasions to try & advise. You can question my opinions but not my motivations.

8 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

That they aren't doing anything about it. That others are happy with attendances. 

If we don't agree with 'free tickets on social media' then apparently that's giving up & we don't care about rugby league or want it to do better. 

I worked in sports marketing for years. Met with RFL on a couple of occasions to try & advise. You can question my opinions but not my motivations.

No, it's not that at all. It's the ridiculing of someone who maybe is fed up of the constant failure that I find annoying. I was just thinking out loud, it was clearly unwelcome and I'll get back in my box and leave it to you experts. Cheers.

1 minute ago, The Masked Poster said:

No, it's not that at all. It's the ridiculing of someone who maybe is fed up of the constant failure that I find annoying. I was just thinking out loud, it was clearly unwelcome and I'll get back in my box and leave it to you experts. Cheers.

You seem very sensitive & critical at the same time which isn't a good mix.

If you're going to call them incompetent, then you should be prepared for people to critique your own views.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Yup - there is a clear split between before and after the postponement in terms of the quality and spark of the work. I suspect a lot of that is down to trying to do more with less people and less money.

I suspect we will see *a lot* about how the other tournaments are successful - and they probably will be the most successful tournaments they've had. I cannot forgive starting the women's tournament at 2.30pm on a working Tuesday and then playing the final as a curtain raiser though. That is not acceptable in 2022.

I'm happy with the early start on Tuesday as it means I'll be home before midnight!

Unlike most previous trips to Headingley!

🙂

• Like 1

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

'I cannot forgive starting the women's tournament at 2.30pm on a working Tuesday and then playing the final as a curtain raiser though. That is not acceptable in 2022.

Agree on the 2.30 Tuesday issue, unless it’s going to be packed out with school trips. However I’ve heard women players say they’d rather play curtain raisers as they’d rather play at big stadiums in front of big crowds - if you asked them all do you think they’d rather play the final at Old Trafford in front of 10,000 (maybe) or Warrington in front of 5,000? 

3 hours ago, N2022 said:

At Eng v Fra there seemed to be lots more young families but the fan zone had a queue and was it really more than just a ticket-only open-air bar showing the earlier game? So instead families were looking around toy shops and pet shops on the retail park to fill time where there could have been rugby challenges or a chance to meet some players. I'm trying not to be critical, as this side of it isn't often any better at every sport I go too, but this is a once-in-a-decade opportunity to market the sport here ...

It's so easy to get a player or two not in the squad to pose for photos and sign autographs that it almost seems ridiculous not to do it. (And I was forced to badger players on the boundary as a kid to get autographs, and can only remember one cricketer refusing!)

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agree on the 2.30 Tuesday issue, unless it’s going to be packed out with school trips. However I’ve heard women players say they’d rather play curtain raisers as they’d rather play at big stadiums in front of big crowds - if you asked them all do you think they’d rather play the final at Old Trafford in front of 10,000 (maybe) or Warrington in front of 5,000? 

Being blunt, the options presented to them in English RL so far have been: curtain raiser or completely umpromoted fixture in an inappropriate venue. I'd choose curtain raiser too. It doesn't make curtain raiser right.

The one time we did have a halfway promoted standalone SL Grand Final in the right spot I think we had 5,000 there.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Seems I've missed the rhinos offer so having to go through the official site.

I have an account already set up as I have bought corporate tickets and they were added in that account to download. I bought these over the phone when they were first released a couple of years ago (or whenever it was)

So trying to buy tickets for tomorrow, I sign in, select the match, select the ticket, click Add to basket - then nothing, it just takes me back to the add ticket page and there's nothing in my basket - has anyone else had anything like this, its a right pain

Edited to add Ive just noticed this message

"Your request exceeds the available tickets for the selected section/price category. Please try a different section or price category."

What does that mean, Im trying to buy a single seat?

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I have an account already set up as I have bought corporate tickets and they were added in that account to download. I bought these over the phone when they were first released a couple of years ago (or whenever it was)

So trying to buy tickets for tomorrow, I sign in, select the match, select the ticket, click Add to basket - then nothing, it just takes me back to the add ticket page and there's nothing in my basket - has anyone else had anything like this, its a right pain

"Your request exceeds the available tickets for the selected section/price category. Please try a different section or price category."

So many people have reported experiences like this, must have put a load of people off buying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

So many people have reported experiences like this, must have put a load of people off buying. 

It makes no sense, i want to sit in the East stand but it’s saying I can’t buy one ticket, surely it isn’t sold out, and if it is why give me the option.

I might just ring the corporate people tomorrow because to be fair to them they were brilliant when i upgraded my original tickets for Newcastle 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

It makes no sense, i want to sit in the East stand but it’s saying I can’t buy one ticket, surely it isn’t sold out, and if it is why give me the option.

It does seem odd if it's saying that about an entire stand. I encountered the same thing for the Emirates SF, but that was for specific blocks, so I assumed in that instance that they were completely sold out. Like you say, I did wonder why it would allow you to select a block if it was completely sold out.

16 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

It does seem odd if it's saying that about an entire stand. I encountered the same thing for the Emirates SF, but that was for specific blocks, so I assumed in that instance that they were completely sold out. Like you say, I did wonder why it would allow you to select a block if it was completely sold out.

No it’s for a specific block in the east stand, it’s the only block available to select and in only one price category.

it is only letting me buy a single seat in the north stand at the highest price, anywhere else seated i get that message.

if this is happening at a lot if venues make no wonder sales are slow, I don’t mind paying the higher price but it would put a lot of people off.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

No it’s for a specific block in the east stand, it’s the only block available to select and in only one price category.

it is only letting me buy a single seat in the north stand at the highest price, anywhere else seated i get that message.

if this is happening at a lot if venues make no wonder sales are slow, I don’t mind paying the higher price but it would put a lot of people off.

Have you got "best available" selected or something?

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

If I click on the drop down and select East D and add 1 ticket

spacer.png

I thin click add to basket it just refresh the page with this message

spacer.png

This is the exact same issue that was happening with Commonwealth games tickets. I wonder if the RLWC are using the same application for ticket purchases 

Edited by OriginalMrC

I find the people manning the phones on customer service great, because they are working to absolutely shoddy processes. 

For one game, my Mum was attending and needed a disability ticket. 

The process is to just buy tickets and then complete a form and they'd get back to you at some stage with your request to confirm accessible seats and a companion ticket. 

Now, I was buying the ticket only 24hrs before the game, so I called to check whether they had accessible seats (because you can't select your own). I was told they did have seats available (as we know, loads available at pretty much every game). But, they couldn't take a payment over the phone, so the process was to buy two tickets, then send an email to this person (instead of the form at this late stage), then she changed our seats to accessible ones and refunded one of the tickets to make it a complimentary companion one. After I had emailed evidence of disability. 

Tbh, it was all a faff. Our processes shouldnt be such a pain. Customers haven't been put first at any stage here. The only one area where they claim to put customers first is around the no discounting thing - which the cynic in me suggests that it is simply a defence of highh prices rather than being a customer consideration. 

We need to be better. 

• Sad 1

Doesn't matter what section of the stadium I select, or select best available its giving me the same message, in 3 different browsers.

These are barriers to buying tickets which a lot of people will just give up thinking its sold out.

So I can't get the seat I want in the stand I want at the price I want, to sit I have to pay £70 to sit in a stand I don't want looking at empty seats in the stand and price I wanted. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Doesn't matter what section of the stadium I select, or select best available its giving me the same message, in 3 different browsers.

These are barriers to buying tickets which a lot of people will just give up thinking its sold out.

So I can't get the seat I want in the stand I want at the price I want, to sit I have to pay £70 to sit in a stand I don't want looking at empty seats in the stand and price I wanted. 

It looks like all Cat C seats are sold out, even though it doesn't say that. 

There is availibility for Cat B seats at £55.

Itll be interesting to see whether those blocks are full tomorrow. 

I suspect we know the answer. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

No cat B for the east stand though I don’t think?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

One price , fill from the middles 😉

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Have had the same experience for two different games

Tonga v Wales could not buy 3 tickets in D zone

At kick off those blocks were completely empty. Even allowing for people moving to better seats there was no way it was sold out

Have emailed organisers but just got a bland response asking me if I was sure I had seen that message 

the only thing I can think of is that the app is trying to spread fans around the whole stadium  seems ridiculous and makes you wonder if we will have banks of empty seats at the final