RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Not at the games I was at in Brighton.

Others who went to other grounds may have a different experience.

There were some school children at Rotherham but not that many and all had paid. I was at 3 of the 4 matches. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

This theme keeps coming up and this (like so many others things) could have been very easily sorted.

Just make the first 6-8 rows pitchside all around the ground as the very cheapest category - which will get snapped up quickly especially with families and also looks good on TV.

Then those buying tickets in higher categories know they won't have spent £55 to be down the front. 

Funnily enough, the RFL always used to do that, maybe not quite round the whole ground, but the first few rows used to always be the cheap seats at around £10-15 for big games. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The historical record will show the seeds of the insurrection were sown on page 138 of this thread.

And by page 140, we will have a blank list of people who would be prepared to do it for the same salary those working on this are likely being paid. That's possibly part of the problem too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Eel said:

And by page 140, we will have a blank list of people who would be prepared to do it for the same salary those working on this are likely being paid. That's possibly part of the problem too.

That absolutely is the problem isn't it. 

1 hour ago, FearTheVee said:

If we get big crowds and good games from here on in would your view change about the game being let down?

Personally I think it has been an average rather than poor performance so far and could still end up being a strong WC.  I also think the crowds would have been materially larger without the current cost of living crisis but absolutely accept the issues with pricing and scheduling.

I’m not sure it would and sadly I’m not confident there will be particularly good crowds at any of the quarter finals and that IMO is down to errors made and not things like the cost of living crisis. The cost of living plays a part simply because of the costing and the fact so many games are in the same areas. Had it been more affordable and fans had less games to choose from, I think we’d have seen bigger crowds across the board. 

I must reiterate there have been successes and the stuff on the field, the stories that come from that and away from the field are great but as an all round tournament, it feels like the experience from the moment you buy the ticket (or try), to when you leave the stadiums, has gone backwards. Did they bite off more than they can afford by having the 4 World Cups running at the same time? I don’t know but the ticketing site, the pre match entertainment, the technical side of things like sound systems and the screens, the feel of an event around the ground, anthems being boomed out on recordings, etc has all felt like there are budget constraints. 

Overall I think we’ll end up with a Good World Cup from a playing perspective and some huge positives come from the inclusivity of the World Cup and they could be felt going forward for many years but I’d rate the performance of Dutton and his team as less than average when it comes to delivering a tournament that made you go ‘wow’. There has been too much frustration for that sadly. 

1 minute ago, Intake Don said:

I’ve now got tickets for Englands quarterfinal both semi’s & final. Bring it on! 

Good man. Let's not forget that is what it is all about. Whether they have Cheerleaders and Pyro before hand or not.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

80% it has been reported at, we opted to go for well over 90%.

Even in the North, we weren't forced to have 4 games in one ground for example. It was done to manage costs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

When what we needed was scenario C, a modest increase in crowds achieved through a better spread of grounds and an increase in prices commensurate with an international event (70% of tickets at £20-25 for an adult, the remainder higher for the showcase events).

To me it seems Jon Dutton wanted this to be a very profitable WC so decided on much higher ticket prices and job done. When I read about problems trying to get tickets, ground selection and lack of imagination with promotional opportunities as well as the high prices, he's been lucky to get the support for the WC that he's got.  

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Just now, RayCee said:

To me it seems Jon Dutton wanted this to be a very profitable WC so decided on much higher ticket prices and job done. When I read about problems trying to get tickets, ground selection and lack of imagination with promotional opportunities as well as the high prices, he's been lucky to get the support for the WC that he's got.  

The problem is, while people will point that we may have made more than 2013, it really can't be ignored that missing the attendance target by at least a couple of hundred thousand also means we miss out on millions of quid of ticket income. 

Missing ticket sales = missing ticket sales income. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Northern Eel said:

Yup. A role I was in for at the RFL involved a £30k pay cut, and that was back in maybe 2005 🙄

We can’t afford to pay what’s needed. Was still up for it though, until I had an hour with Big Nige and Gary Tasker. Let’s just say I’m glad I’m not a Bulls supporter these days. 

• Like 5

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

46 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

80% it has been reported at, we opted to go for well over 90%.

And even then that's counting one full side of the draw of wheelchair matches in London

We could have at least out another 4 matches outside the North (and I was one who banged the funding drum way back to find the numbers showed different.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

One thing is for sure, it could be that his his basic salary is 'modest' for this kind of world event, but without question, despite many and serious ef ups, he'll hit all his KPIs and get his bonus.

To be fair - I wouldn't have wanted his job when the Aussies put the knife in.

Just for all the hassle he has earnt his money for me.

9 hours ago, RP London said:

email with my order number etc removed:

We are emailing you to inform that we noticed a mistake on your RLWC2021 ticketing order. As you originally made your purchase of RLWC2021 tickets directly with the RFL, we exported your order across into the RLWC2021 Official Ticketing site in 2021. However due to a technical glitch when processing it caused your order to be duplicated (which you are probably aware of as will have received 2 sets of tickets in the post). 

The issue was when the RLWC portal was launched the RFL moved over your fully paid booking onto this portal but then another RFL staff member duplicated the work and booked them again creating the double booking. If you look back on your statements you will only ever see one payment, the moving of accounts from one system to another didn't include any transfer of payment credentials.

The duplicate Order (Order ID: xxxxxxx) has now been cancelled off, so the tickets below have now been invalidated and the barcodes will not scan. 

Your correct Order (Order ID: xxxxxxx ) with the below tickets/seat details are the valid tickets. Please ,make sure that it is these tickets you use to gain entry into the event. 

Saturday, 19 November 2022 13:15  Old Trafford, Manchester       BLOCK xxxx      ROW x     SEAT xxxx-xx

Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience caused. 

We hope you are enjoying the RLWC2021 so far and are looking forward to the match(es) that you will be attending. 

Thank you for your Interest in the RLWC.

I said ages ago on this thread that perhaps the ticketing system was actually broken … sadly it seems I wasn’t too wrong.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meast said:

At Huddersfield on Friday, there are 2 different price categories for the same blocks in the Kilner bank.

The weird thing is that the higher priced seats are at the front of the blocks, but the better view is further back, there are cat D tickets with better views of the action than cat A ones.

There are also cat D tickets literally across the aisle from cat B tickets so presuming there are no stewards checking tickets as there haven't been at the other venues then anyone with a cat D ticket could potentially sit in a cat A seat just a few rows away.

I'm not sure how the pricing has actually worked but it seems crazy that someone could pay £70 and be stuck at the front of the block with level view of the pitch and potentially get wet through while others can pay £25 and have an unobstructed high up view of the pitch and keep dry.

Madness, surely you'd just make it £25 or £30 in that whole stand?

Similarly with the magic rock (away stand) the cheapest tickets are at the back with the more expensive at the front.

Anyone who's ever been as an away fan will tell you that the views from the back are far better 🫤

96PQkNm.jpg

christ you guys have far too much time on your hands

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Leonard said:

To be fair - I wouldn't have wanted his job when the Aussies put the knife in.

Just for all the hassle he has earnt his money for me.

Well, if he's earned his money for you, then fair enough, and enjoy spending it.

But has he earned anything for the IRL that can help develop the global game. 

18 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Well, if he's earned his money for you, then fair enough, and enjoy spending it.

But has he earned anything for the IRL that can help develop the global game. 

About 46 pages back there was a discussion where it was generally agreed that the IRL got their hosting fee up front. 

So yes, the hope is that the IRL has made money from this. They may not make as much as if we had hit all targets, but it looks like we have gone with up front fee payment after the Aussie World Cup missed its guaranteed returns.