RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

34 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

PDF tickets must be printed?

They noted that rubbish on every ticket, when it was only St James, Wire and Middlesbrough that needed a printed version.ย 
ย 

Mobile phone versions will be fine for all the games from now on.ย 

3 minutes ago, WN83 said:

They noted that rubbish on every ticket, when it was only St James, Wire and Middlesbrough that needed a printed version.ย 
ย 

It isn't rubbish as every ticket in the PDF format must be printed.

Mobile tickets are a separate thing entirely.

36 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

You don't have to print anything if you choose the mobile wallet ticket option instead. Those are the ones you show on your phone.ย ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

That was stressful. I now have GooglePay which is new.

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 hours ago, League of the South said:

One of my pals is an Arsenal season ticket holder and never misses a game. As of last week, and until I told him that I was going, he had not a clue that a RL WC semi-final was being held there. Sounds like it's not been very well advertised !ย 

One of my good mates is an Arsenal ST holder and has pinged on the emails he has been receiving about it.ย  They definitely know it is happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, WN83 said:

ย 

Iโ€™ve printed my final tickets just in case, the stewards etc at Old Trafford are (in my experience) proper jobsworths.ย 

1 hour ago, pahars said:

Serie A has shrunk. 30,000 average 20 years ago around 25,000 now. Juve have built and Milan and Inter soon will build stadiums 20,000 smaller then before to hide it.ย 

Indeed. Imagine if a RL team did that ๐Ÿ˜‚

28 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Fair enough. But I bet when the national side play in a WC game they aren't short of takers.ย 

When they played England in the San Siro last month there were only 50,640 there (thatโ€™s a lot of empty seats), and at home against Hungary, Belgium, Bulgaria and Lithuania in 2021 there were attendances of between 10k and 16k - all in much bigger stadiums. 14,366 in Fiorentinaโ€™s Stadio Communale must have looked rubbish for empty seat counters.ย 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

When they played England in the San Siro last month there were only 50,640 there (thatโ€™s a lot of empty seats), and at home against Hungary, Belgium, Bulgaria and Lithuania in 2021 there were attendances of between 10k and 16k - all in much bigger stadiums. 14,366 in Fiorentinaโ€™s Stadio Communale must have looked rubbish for empty seat counters.ย 

Yes it must have looked rubbish. But they will be concerned about it and probably take action.ย 

42 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Showing a total lack of technical knowledge there ainโ€™t I?! Ha.ย 
ย 

Plenty will be as uneducated as me though Iโ€™m sure, when it comes to what they mean. So it needs be in the format that gives you a QR code, like the Apple Wallet and not a barcode.ย 
ย 

Used be easier when theyโ€™d give you a huge ticket๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattSantos said:

PDF tickets must be printed?

This explains why I had such a hassle getting into Bolton!

I have no idea how to work Apple Pay, Google Pay etc (or what it is tbh!) so just downloaded the pdf!

Thankfully the lad at the turnstile could see it was a genuine ticket and let me in.

I'm 33 going on 70 at times!

Edited by Chris22
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

This explains why I had such a hassle getting into Bolton!

I have no idea how to work Apple Pay, Google Pay etc (or what it us tbh!) so just downloaded the pdf!

Thankfully the lad at the turnstile could see it was a genuine ticket and let me in.

I'm 33 going on 70 at times!

From what I've seen a few had that issue. At the games I've been to they've had people on the doors resolving these issues.ย 

The phrasing around downloading and complication of pdf or wallet is just a weird system.ย 

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Just landed in my inbox...

ย 

Tomorrow at 8:30am, a limited number of Category E tickets for the menโ€™s and womenโ€™s double-header final at Old Trafford on Saturday 19th November will go on sale for ยฃ45 for adults and ยฃ20 for students and U16s.

These tickets have been given back to us from partners, and as one of our biggest supporters, we wanted to let you know about them first.

With England Men and Women still in contention for a place at the Theatre of Dreams, we expect fans to snatch up these limited tickets extremely quickly.

They will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, so block out 8.30am in your calendar and secure your place at what will be a thrilling culmination to Rugby League World Cup 2021.ย ย 

Good strategy to get these out before the weekend. If England are out, they will have shifted a few more tickets. If England make it through to the final, the only option for late buyers will be the pricey tickets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

They donโ€™t have to be printed, thatโ€™s just the default text on the top of the PDF as itโ€™s designed as print @ home but in reality the barcode scans perfectly fine.ย ยฃ400 HD phone screen vs ยฃ20 inkjet printer.

Weird that they havenโ€™t activated the โ€˜add to walletโ€™ option on the email confirmation though which is very much an option with Ticketmaster systems. Was a right faff giving my log in details to 10 different people so they could log in to my account on the mobile website and download the tickets to their Google Wallet (was easy enough to log in myself and download to my Apple Wallet to send by WhatsApp or iMessage to other iPhone users fwiw).ย 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They donโ€™t have to be printed, thatโ€™s just the default text on the top of the PDF as itโ€™s designed as print @ home but in reality the barcode scans perfectly fine.ย ยฃ400 HD phone screen vs ยฃ20 inkjet printer.

Weird that they havenโ€™t activated the โ€˜add to walletโ€™ option on the email confirmation though which is very much an option with Ticketmaster systems. Was a right faff giving my log in details to 10 different people so they could log in to my account on the mobile website and download the tickets to their Google Wallet (was easy enough to log in myself and download to my Apple Wallet to send by WhatsApp or iMessage to other iPhone users fwiw).ย 

ยฃ20 printer with ยฃ400 worth of ink cartridges ...

ย 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

5,471. Made plenty of noise.

Really sounded like more at times. Fantastic to hear (and see) people so engaged with the women's game.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.ย (Terry Pratchett)

49 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Any mention of crowd at Headingley tonight? Looks healthy ย 

I think it said on the tannoyย 

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

5 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Just landed in my inbox...

ย 

Tomorrow at 8:30am, a limited number of Category E tickets for the menโ€™s and womenโ€™s double-header final at Old Trafford on Saturday 19th November will go on sale for ยฃ45 for adults and ยฃ20 for students and U16s.

These tickets have been given back to us from partners, and as one of our biggest supporters, we wanted to let you know about them first.

With England Men and Women still in contention for a place at the Theatre of Dreams, we expect fans to snatch up these limited tickets extremely quickly.

They will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, so block out 8.30am in your calendar and secure your place at what will be a thrilling culmination to Rugby League World Cup 2021.ย ย 

Why ยฃ20 for bloody students and not people on different types of benefits ?

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

I bought a ticket for the Emirates. As we know, you can't select your seat.ย 

I was allocated a top row seat in a block that is priced higher than what I paid. I completed an accessibility request to ask for a more accessible seat due to a health condition.

I was given a one line answer saying seats lower down are more expensive and that's it.ย This is despite the fact that I did not select that block, and clearly explained that I am happy to sit anywhere in the stadium that doesn't involve too many steps.ย 

Did you get your ticket sorted Dave?