RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That brings the total to 423,689 (second-highest to date after 2013) and the average to 13,667 which is a smidge (119) higher than the average in 2017.  That total is 56.492% of their 750,000 target.

Edited by Big Picture
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, EggFace said:

I didn't get the fairy tale ending that I wanted and not as intense edge of your seat compared to last Saturday but that was a really good crowd considering England were not in it and came over brilliant on Tv 🙂

Great effort.

Both semis and the final were great.

The NZ v Fiji,  Eng v PNG and Samoa v Tonga QFs worked out well also (for different reasons).

Tournament came a live in the later stages.

For a comprehensive list of attendances for the men:

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2022/11/2021-wc-attendance-figures-mens.html

Wheelchair:

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2022/11/2021-wc-attendance-figures-wheelchair.html

I have held back on the women's attendances but I assume they will be credited the same figure as the men's. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, IM2 said:

thats excellent well done RLWC team

Got to give it to them, they've done well to get to that figure. I was a tad worried when England didn't make the final. 

Still short of the 74k at the 2013 final but I don't really buy that figure having gone to that game, plus tickets were obviously much more expensive this time round (think I got two tickets for £30 for that one) so will have generated a better profit. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

45 minutes ago, RayCee said:

For a comprehensive list of attendances for the men:

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2022/11/2021-wc-attendance-figures-mens.html

Wheelchair:

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2022/11/2021-wc-attendance-figures-wheelchair.html

I have held back on the women's attendances but I assume they will be credited the same figure as the men's. 

Doesn't that double count earlier rounds for the wheelchair?

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Doesn't that double count earlier rounds for the wheelchair?

All matches apart from the final were double headers and all of them are counted as separate games. 

3 minutes ago, RayCee said:

All matches apart from the final were double headers and all of them are counted as separate games. 

I'd question that methodology. In the same way I wouldn't say the women's final was also 67k.

But thank you for the figures. 

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

Great effort.

Both semis and the final were great.

The NZ v Fiji,  Eng v PNG and Samoa v Tonga QFs worked out well also (for different reasons).

Tournament came a live in the later stages.

I think the tournament should always be seen as a two parter. A bit of a festival for the group stages. Minnows making their name, top teams showing their flair, its all good. 

Then we move to the quarters and get the real top quality fixtures. 

Both parts absolutely enjoyable. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I'd question that methodology. In the same way I wouldn't say the women's final was also 67k.

But thank you for the figures. 

It's a fair question Leonard and one I have thought about.

I came to the conclusion that no system is ideal. You mention the women's final. How can one come up with an accurate figure for that? The numbers would have grown during the match but apart from estimating, there is no true figure that could have been arrived at. 

Looked and felt great in the ground. Lesson to be learned from the tournament-you can charge a decent premium for big events like an opener, semis and a final but currently, the game is in a position where everything in between needs to be affordable and aimed at getting new eyes in the grounds. 

Ultimately I think I’d file the whole tournament under a heading of ‘acceptable’, it could’ve been worse but it also could’ve been far better. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think the tournament should always be seen as a two parter. A bit of a festival for the group stages. Minnows making their name, top teams showing their flair, its all good. 

Then we move to the quarters and get the real top quality fixtures. 

Both parts absolutely enjoyable. 

That is bang on the money, I have said to many people the World Cup opens with a Rugby League festival and closes with the tournament.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I came to the conclusion that no system is ideal. You mention the women's final. How can one come up with an accurate figure for that? The numbers would have grown during the match but apart from estimating, there is no true figure that could have been arrived at. 

67,000 people bought a ticket to watch it, the fact that they weren't in their seats during the game is neither here nor there. do you have a rolling average of eyeballs on the pitch as the attendance goes up and down as people go to the bar or the toilets.

Edited by Padge

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

12 minutes ago, RayCee said:

For sure.

17k - 18k paid for the wheelchair is fantastic. 

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

67,000 people bought a ticket to watch it, the fact that they weren't in their seats during the game is neither here nor there. do you have a rolling average of eyeballs on the pitch as the attendance goes up and down as people go to the bar or the toilets.

That's why for double headers I count the one figure for both games. 

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

You're answering a question nobody asked. 

15 minutes ago, Leonard said:

You're answering a question nobody asked. 

Go away, swear filter won't let me give you my true response.

Edited by Padge
  • Sad 1