RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

Just now, Leonard said:

How gauche. 

May I refer the gentleman to my previous reply.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, The Masked Poster said:

The attendance was fine and looking at it on TV now, it looked bloody brilliant. 

Fact is we aren't football or RU, so let's be grateful we can actually round up 67000 people to attend a game featuring two overseas teams. 

Much much better than I had anticipated. 

It’s something we can be very proud of. England vs Samoa, NZ vs Samoa or similar, in Australia and you’re looking at sub 20-25k. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Leonard said:

On the ignore button. You are boring. 

Thank god for that.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

15 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Distributed my 7 tickets for today weeks ago. Can’t wait to try and log on later when inevitably one of the party has inevitably deleted their email or drops their phone in the pub.  

Oh it happened. With bells on. Stood in the pub by Trafford Bar and three Apple Wallets had expired and two others couldn’t log in. Genius. Sums it all up. 

We were sat in the midst of a large Australian continent and all I could here throughout the men's game was how good, how fast, how superior and how absolutely amazing the Aussies were.

That English bloke was really annoying, the Aussies seemed to be just out to have a party.

Talking of Aussies there seemed to be more there than I have seen at other WC Finals in this country. There were loads around us in the stadium but loads outside and I don't think they al came in and sat around us.

On 13/11/2022 at 18:42, Jim from Oz said:

TOTAL FOR WEEK 1: 95,243 (average 11,905)

TOTAL FOR WEEK 2:  68,875 (average 8,609)

TOTAL FOR WEEK 3: 72,198  (average 9,025)

TOTAL FOR THE Q/Fs: 51,139 (average 12,785) 

Aus v NZ: 28,113
Eng v Samoa: 40,489

TOTAL FOR THE S/Fs: 68,602 (average 34,301) 

UPDATED TOTAL: 356,187 (average 11,873)

TARGETS:

2000 RLWC: 263,921

(8,514 per match)

TARGET 1 ACHIEVED  🙂

2017 RLWC: 382,080

(13,646 per match)

2013 RLWC: 458,483

(16,374 per match)

2022 WOMEN’S EURO: 574,865

(18,544 per match)

ORIGINAL TARGET: 750,000

TOTAL FOR WEEK 1: 95,243 (average 11,905)

TOTAL FOR WEEK 2:  68,875 (average 8,609)

TOTAL FOR WEEK 3: 72,198  (average 9,025)

TOTAL FOR THE Q/Fs: 51,139 (average 12,785) 

TOTAL FOR THE S/Fs: 68,602 (average 34,301) 

Aus v Samoa:  67,502

FINAL TOTAL: 423,689 (average 13,667)

TARGETS:

2000 RLWC: 263,921

(8,514 per match)

TARGET 1 ACHIEVED  🙂

2017 RLWC: 382,080

(13,646 per match)

TARGET 2 ACHIEVED  🙂

2013 RLWC: 458,483

(16,374 per match)

2022 WOMEN’S EURO: 574,865

(18,544 per match)

ORIGINAL TARGET: 750,000

• Thanks 3

When we reference that 750,000 target, didn't that include the wheelchair and women's events? I'm not saying obviously that the crowds from those events get us to that target, or anywhere near, but we should be fair and use the right yardstick.

On yesterday, I expected two things:

- the 63k mentioned the previous day to be the actual crowd;

- 10-20% of ticket holders not to show up.

I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong on both counts, it was a good outcome.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

When we reference that 750,000 target, didn't that include the wheelchair and women's events? I'm not saying obviously that the crowds from those events get us to that target, or anywhere near, but we should be fair and use the right yardstick.

On yesterday, I expected two things:

- the 63k mentioned the previous day to be the actual crowd;

- 10-20% of ticket holders not to show up.

I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong on both counts, it was a good outcome.

I don't think its ever been made explicitly clear (shock) whether the 750,000 figure was just the mens or included womens and wheelchair. 

Like you I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance at the Final yesterday. The Samoans brought a lot of colour and atmosphere, sadly not a lot of RLWC stuff around the ground (merch etc), which seemed similar to the Grand Final this year too.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't think its ever been made explicitly clear (shock) whether the 750,000 figure was just the mens or included womens and wheelchair. 

Like you I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance at the Final yesterday. The Samoans brought a lot of colour and atmosphere, sadly not a lot of RLWC stuff around the ground (merch etc), which seemed similar to the Grand Final this year too.

Oddly there was a fair bit around the Emirates - 4 or 5 cabins knocking out stuff at a brisk rate

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

Oddly there was a fair bit around the Emirates - 4 or 5 cabins knocking out stuff at a brisk rate

I believe the Rhinos club shop had some stuff in, but you were only going to walk past that if you were going to 2 of the 4 stands and if you were looking; there was no signage or anything.

Its odd considering they must have a significant amount of gear to shift.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I believe the Rhinos club shop had some stuff in, but you were only going to walk past that if you were going to 2 of the 4 stands and if you were looking; there was no signage or anything.

Its odd considering they must have a significant amount of gear to shift.

I think they sold out of merch at SJP.

Having bought a 2021 England top - will be happy to pick a new one up now.

i do wonder if they scaled back the merch to avoid being left with excess stock.

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I think they sold out of merch at SJP.

Having bought a 2021 England top - will be happy to pick a new one up now.

i do wonder if they scaled back the merch to avoid being left with excess stock.

Possibly, but there are plenty of items going on sale on the website. I'd have thought the final would be an easy place to shift a lot of stock, particularly for Samoa!

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Possibly, but there are plenty of items going on sale on the website. I'd have thought the final would be an easy place to shift a lot of stock, particularly for Samoa!

They'll be quite a few people then wondering why I got then RLWC 2021 t-shirts for Christmas !

I see they are still trying to move old GB and Combined Nations stock.

2 hours ago, philipw said:

Who is?

Was available on the rfl's retail partner's website even a while back, not looked recently. 

Edit: Elite sports. Seems the GB jerseys and yellow combined nations jerseys finally gone. 

Edited by Leonard