RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 minute ago, Northern Eel said:

I can barely see us scraping 15k, which is a real let down, even given the quality of the opposition.

I said something similar earlier in the week. But then a poster - I think Midlander - stated I’d be pleasantly surprised. Who knows…

12 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I can barely see us scraping 15k, which is a real let down, even given the quality of the opposition.

I was bombarded with ads for France game at Bolton on social media, yet for the last week it has all been about the quarter final. Not sure if that is to do with my location, or whether they have just given up on today and are going for QF sales. 

• Like 1

Never had high hopes for this game.

20k would be great and keep things ticking over.

15k would not be a disaster for a run out for the squad members in what is effectively some opposed training.

It is what it is.

High hopes for QFs and Semis when there will only be 7 games left and buyers can concentrate funds.

1 minute ago, koli said:

The failure to engage with clubs hosting group games and giving members’ discounts ,3game packages , engaging with local businesses who have boxes etc are in explicable.

I think centralising all ticket sales, no seat selection, upping prices, no 65+ concessions, no group packages and extortionate hospitality prices (leading to lounges just being closed), are some of the mistakes made. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shaun mc said:

Trying to buy tickets for the Qtr Final at Wigan

Have chosen the Cat E £25 tickets first to see what availability is - the site is letting me choose 2 tickets in one of 4 blocks (the end blocks of the long side stands), which according to the site stadium plan are purple and therefore £55. Those seats are well over-priced at £55, so maybe they've re-categorised 

Very few blocks/sections sold out, a bit of a surprise

So now we have 8 seriously ###### off fans who 2 days ago purchased the £25 pound seats who would have paid £35/40 for the purple seats but felt £55 was too much 

A rod for your own back comes to mind , next time they'll be waiting till the ' death ' before booking 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So now we have 8 seriously ###### off fans who 2 days ago purchased the £25 pound seats who would have paid £35/40 for the purple seats but felt £55 was too much 

A rod for your own back comes to mind , next time they'll be waiting till the ' death ' before booking 

To be fair, it sounds like they have waited util the death.

What's the point of sneakily reducing tickets, so people don't even know they can be bought at better value? It's the worst of all worlds. 

What I would say, is that they are still selling for £55 in those blocks behind the goals, so the £35 tickets may be front or back rows. 

I think this is a muddled outcome caused by overly-complex pricing and maps and the lack of being able to actually choose your seat, so you know exactly what you're getting. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not all the purple blocks though, 4 blocks out of 10, in the corners, eg E1 or E10

10 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Not all the purple blocks though, 4 blocks out of 10, in the corners, eg E1 or E10

It would appear E1 and E10 are only being sold in the £25 price range instead of the advertised £55 range. 

52 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To be fair, it sounds like they have waited util the death.

What's the point of sneakily reducing tickets, so people don't even know they can be bought at better value? It's the worst of all worlds. 

What I would say, is that they are still selling for £55 in those blocks behind the goals, so the £35 tickets may be front or back rows. 

I think this is a muddled outcome caused by overly-complex pricing and maps and the lack of being able to actually choose your seat, so you know exactly what you're getting. 

No idea Dave I'm not one of them going , I'll be at Wire next Sunday stood on the terracing , 2 games in a weekend is too much timewise for me , let alone cost 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I think centralising all ticket sales, no seat selection, upping prices, no 65+ concessions, no group packages and extortionate hospitality prices (leading to lounges just being closed), are some of the mistakes made. 

Although I've never been to a tournament like this in any sport that HASN'T had centralised ticket sales so that's a strange criticism.

• Like 2

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

17 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

Although I've never been to a tournament like this in any sport that HASN'T had centralised ticket sales so that's a strange criticism.

2013 allowed for sales at the venues in advance. This year they allowed for sales on the day, so it would have been possible. 

They forced you down one route - the RLWC website, which hasn't been fit for purpose from day 1.

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They forced you down one route - the RLWC website, which hasn't been fit for purpose from day 1.

One route, multiple routes, no one would remotely care if there hadn't been so many recurring issues.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Ive got the worst view of the screen ever, im pretty much sat beneath it 😬🤣

I expect a cheery wave whenever the video ref is called on.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Pretty sparce in the ground. Especially the Tonie Curry stand hope that isn’t where the cameras face

Or even in the Tony Currie stand.

• Like 1