RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

19,000 tickets sold. The atmosphere and the look were fine and dandy. And the coverage has been fantastic. 

That is great stuff really.

Add in 14k last night and very good start to Rd 3.

Edited by Leonard

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

2013 allowed for sales at the venues in advance. This year they allowed for sales on the day, so it would have been possible. 

They forced you down one route - the RLWC website, which hasn't been fit for purpose from day 1.

I'll bow to your better memory but I'm fairly certain I bought mine from a central website although there could have been both options.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

22 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

I'll bow to your better memory but I'm fairly certain I bought mine from a central website although there could have been both options.

You may have. But they sold at the box office too. The Wayback machine thingy I posted recently evidenced this. 

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

2013 allowed for sales at the venues in advance. This year they allowed for sales on the day, so it would have been possible. 

They forced you down one route - the RLWC website, which hasn't been fit for purpose from day 1.

Fair enough. Got all mine in 2013 from the central site so didn't seek out any alternatives. 

RLWC must have been fit for purpose on day one though as that's when I bought the majority of mine with no issues whatsoever.

Ditto the 2 I've bought since the reschedule - had no issues and took minutes at most.

But my point that most tournaments (and I have applied/bought for various football World Cups and Euros, hockey World Cups and Euros and various Olympic and Commonwealth Games and they have only been available from a central point.

So the RLWC doing the same this time didn't come as a huge surprise.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

4 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

Fair enough. Got all mine in 2013 from the central site so didn't seek out any alternatives. 

RLWC must have been fit for purpose on day one though as that's when I bought the majority of mine with no issues whatsoever.

Ditto the 2 I've bought since the reschedule - had no issues and took minutes at most.

But my point that most tournaments (and I have applied/bought for various football World Cups and Euros, hockey World Cups and Euros and various Olympic and Commonwealth Games and they have only been available from a central point.

So the RLWC doing the same this time didn't come as a huge surprise.

They make sure their site works. It has been months and months since issues were first raised. 

My point is, we don't have to centralise it, we made the choice. And then delivered a poor solution. You get the criticism yiu deserve if you do that. 

Even today, the site is at a snail's pace on a mobile device. And that's if you remember that to login you need to press the captcha tick box before you put your username and password in. 

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

Fair enough. Got all mine in 

This is the problem people make when criticising criticism. They look and say that they had no issues, so it is fine. 

If we only listen to the people who have taken the happy path, then we learn nowt. We learn things when we look at where things went wrong. 

But too many people want to dismiss this and say "I bought my tickets fine" or "£25 is fine for me". 

With respect, those who purchase without issue should be ignored. 

• Like 1