RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

As we are now not going to be playing Tonga in the semi it means England's highest home attendance against Tonga is still only the 3,000 who attended the Federation Shield game in 2006.

However, due to us now playing Samoa twice in this tournament, 2 of our top 10 highest attendances (only England and not GB) will be against Samoa, our highest against them before this tournament being just over 5,000 who watched another Federation Shield game in Hull. 

Just some interesting stats there. 

Where?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Probably also reflective of a competitive game that people want to see.

I think Fiji will get there - they just need some exposure like Tonga have had and more people might have realised last night was competitive.

That and don't hold non-England games in Hull.

Aus v Lebanon is always a tough sell.

I think people tend to overlook the fact that Fiji reached the semi finals of the previous three WCs.

1 hour ago, EssexRL said:

I agree. I guess the thinking was there are enough RL fans in Hull willing to shell out for this to make it viable, which obviously wasn't the case, so where would it have been better to have held it? I am wondering how many people would have turned up to this game in or near London.

Aus v Lebanon was in Huddersfield? 🥴

4 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Where?

Apologies, missed that off. That Federation Shield game against Tonga was at Widnes. We played them a couple of weeks before as well at Twickenham Stoop but there was only a bit over 2,000 at that game. The Samoa game I mentioned was between the two. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I think people tend to overlook the fact that Fiji reached the semi finals of the previous three WCs.

Absolutely. If they had a few more players who stayed at home - they would be up with Tonga and Samoa.

It's odd they even seem to not be mentioned like PNG are.

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im going nowhere 🤣🤣

That was me at Wigan last night.

16:15 - "if I get a shift on I could be back for the 2nd half of the 2nd women's game"

17:15 - "Sod this for a lark. I'm going to Pizza Hut"

Just for being lured by free parking! 

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

8 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

They try to keep you in the place once they’ve got you… 👻 

Imagine if they actually managed a sell out........

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

It's not easy counting the empty seats in the Copperbox with those coloured seats.

Quite right, I prefer the Sheffield games for that reason 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

33 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

If your car isn't moving check that all 4 wheels are still attached. 

Warrington is pure hell when you get more than 50 people out at the same time

Good crowd there, and the match deserved it to be.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.