RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

I’m sure he’s plucking figures from his backside tbh. Didn’t he say 18k for Wigan about Thursday last week? No way we shifted over 5,000 in less than 2 days from that point. He’s not putting a figure on Elland Road, so his ‘info’ can’t be that detailed. 

That's because we never sold 23k for the DW

😉

Just now, Leonard said:

That's because we never sold 23k for the DW

😉

It's perfectly believable that they sold a really convenient number of tickets for Wigan, and that they changed their methodology to include non-attendees which they were adamant they didn't do just days earlier. Perfectly believable 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

I’m sure he’s plucking figures from his backside tbh. Didn’t he say 18k for Wigan about Thursday last week? No way we shifted over 5,000 in less than 2 days from that point. He’s not putting a figure on Elland Road, so his ‘info’ can’t be that detailed. 

To be fair, given around 19,000 at most were there, he was probably right back then - regardless of the random number they decided to announce on the day (which was pretty surreal for those of us sat there at the time)

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

11 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

To be fair, given around 19,000 at most were there, he was probably right back then - regardless of the random number they decided to announce on the day (which was pretty surreal for those of us sat there at the time)

Well that’s true enough in terms of it probably not being as many as 23,000 odd (whatever was given). I was in the South Stand and would’ve guessed around 20-21 ish from my experience of big crowds in the ground. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Well that’s true enough in terms of it probably not being as many as 23,000 odd (whatever was given). I was in the South Stand and would’ve guessed around 20-21 ish from my experience of big crowds in the ground. 

But that’s relying on the previous 20k/21k being announced accurately as well 😉 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

So, I'm seriously considering going to the Elland Rd semi tomorrow by myself. Sad but I don't care 😂

it could be worse - I'm taking the wife to the Emirates.

9 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

So, I'm seriously considering going to the Elland Rd semi tomorrow by myself. Sad but I don't care 😂

Its not sad to go to games on your own. I very rarely go to RL games with people, it's the little bit of me time I get in my life and I enjoy it in the best way I can. Just like next year when the snooker is in Hull, I'll go sit in the Bonus Arena on my lonesome, in total silence for hours and it'll be better than sex. Whatever that is. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Its not sad to go to games on your own. I very rarely go to RL games with people, it's the little bit of me time I get in my life and I enjoy it in the best way I can. Just like next year when the snooker is in Hull, I'll go sit in the Bonus Arena on my lonesome, in total silence for hours and it'll be better than sex. Whatever that is. 

I haven’t been to a game with someone for years, i prefer going on my own, it my ‘me’ time

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I haven’t been to a game with someone for years, i prefer going on my own, it my ‘me’ time

Its probably the main reason I spend so much time on this forum as well; cos I go to games on my own I don't have anyone particularly to discuss RL with so I discovered you lot a few years ago and learnt the true meaning of the word discuss. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, but it is just six of us having the same argument every three days 😆

So what your saying is - this thread has been a failure - because it is relying upon traditional argumentative old gits and has failed to attract new posters?

Maybe we need to take the argument to a different website to attract new posters?

FWIW, whilst some take offence to a thread like this, I've found it extremely interesting, and generally in good spirits. Of course frustrations have boiled over, and I'm well aware I've become frustrated at times on this, but I think there has been some really interesting discussion and debate. It really hasn't just been a few grumpy fans moaning about crowds which some would have you believe. 

We've discussed scheduling, marketing, pricing, events, PR, leadership, websites, tickets etc. Its actually been a wide and varied thread, and I think it's worked well keeping all discussion linked to attendances here. It's not for everyone, and it'd be better if anyone who hates crowd chat just went on threads that suited them. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

and another ‘billy no mates’ here.  One advantage is picking up good tickets…..there are nearly always singles available.

As a southern fan - you have little choice. But about 50% of the time I go with someone else who is not particularly a fan but enjoys the day. Often simply as an "event".