RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Looks great, Elland Rd whilst being a pretty horrible ground in person does look great on TV, not unlike Old Trafford. 

Looks a very good crowd, being treated to a great game. 

It’s an awful place…..every time I’ve been there for RL it’s been freezing, the hot water has been bust and the leg room is awful (I’m not exactly a giant!)…..buts it’s also a great showcase venue for international rugby league 

Edited by philipw
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

If I have this right, 30,000 is the best crowd for an international game involving no host nation - 2017’s Tonga England semi. 

WC Final in 2000 and 2016 4N Final between these two teams in the UK. 

3 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

This must be one of the few times that an attendance has bettered forecast ticket sales in any competition.

I think there'd been some hope of 27/28k this week, but it could easily have been 25k, so glad it was at the higher end. Hopefully we'll achieve top end tomorrow and get 45k+

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think there'd been some hope of 27/28k this week, but it could easily have been 25k, so glad it was at the higher end. Hopefully we'll achieve top end tomorrow and get 45k+

Hopefully some Londoners will have watched that game tonight and decide to get in on the action tomorrow. Couldn’t have asked for a better advert 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

28,113, making the total now 315,698 and bumping the average up to 10,866.

Now unable to beat the 2013 number even if the final 2 games sellout. Prob finish around 435k for 31 events vs 458k for 26 events. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Now unable to beat the 2013 number even if the final 2 games sellout. Prob finish around 435k for 31 events vs 458k for 26 events. 

Disappointing isn’t it.

The only consolation is the revenues from ticket sales will be vastly higher. I suppose they’ve also reset the pricing structure for internationals. 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

I know weve (correctly) moaned about pricing structure but there wont be anyone out of that 28k that didn’t get value for money

Mark Chapman said loads of free tickets had been given to key workers, which I kind of wish he hadn’t said, but even so there were a lot of paying customers. 

13 minutes ago, eal said:

The world was in a much better place financially in 2013.

And we weren’t competing with the attraction of a football World Cup in the next couple of weeks. Not to mention a number of other world cups ongoing at the moment

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Mark Chapman said loads of free tickets had been given to key workers, which I kind of wish he hadn’t said, but even so there were a lot of paying customers. 

Not sure he said loads, just some. And even so, they still have to make the effort to actually get there. 

I had WhatsApp messages from 2 separate ST holders at ER who both said, independently, that it looked pretty full and they thought it was a really good game. And they *never* talk about RL. 

Edited by The Masked Poster
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Just think what a difference tonights game would have made for crowds if it had been the opening fixture,which in previous formats it could have been.

England v Samoa could have easily been an epic. Not really anyone's fault it was a thrashing, well I guess you could blame Samoa.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

England v Samoa could have easily been an epic. Not really anyone's fault it was a thrashing, well I guess you could blame Samoa.

I know what you mean. But you are forgetting that to the uninitiated, the England game thrashing someone was possibly also as exciting. 

They did brilliant, let's not play it down.