RLWC Negativity Thread

I've never been jilted at the alter - but these past few days have very much given me that feeling. Whether it's because I was at the game and that magnified the pain, or the build up from not only the British press but Aussies getting onboard with the idea our team had a real chance too. I'm not sure. One thing I can say is i'm very pleased for Samoa and what this means to a significant amount of people with heritage from that country. Maybe it came too soon for this England team and 3 years time is when some of these new stars will truly be in their prime - I hope that's the case. Reflecting on the tournament overall, albeit with the finals yet to be played, it's been a good one. Certainly not a great one and the issues have been quite obvious. France 2025 it's (almost) over to you! 

• Like 1

latest to be targeted by thieves is channel9 reporter Emma Lawrence - smashing her car and stealing equipment worth 20k - coming after Lebanon had been targeted twice during the tournament - bet the Aussies can't wait to get back on the plane after spending 6 weeks in this gridlocked, grey, cold, overcrowded, crime ridden, drug addled, miserable dump - bet it was a shock for big Mal to see what has happened since his previous visits 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

latest to be targeted by thieves is channel9 reporter Emma Lawrence - smashing her car and stealing equipment worth 20k - coming after Lebanon had been targeted twice during the tournament - bet the Aussies can't wait to get back on the plane after spending 6 weeks in this gridlocked, grey, cold, overcrowded, crime ridden, drug addled, miserable dump - bet it was a shock for big Mal to see what has happened since his previous visits 

Take it you have never been out the West of Sydney- some real hell holes and gang controlled - far worse than anything north of London and some dodgy estates.

To be honest if you leave 20k of tec in a car on show you probably deserve to get it stolen unfortunately. 

Edited by Mr Frisky

6 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

I see in Jon Dutton's bbc àrticle he talked about "wheelchair rugby" .

This is a different sport, played with a round ball, and included in the Paralympics.

What chance do we have, with people like this running the show?

Depends, where i grew up Rugby is RL - RU is Union.  o

Ok most places in the UK Rugby is RU but if your used to saying just Rugby for RL its hard to stop.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Have the Aussies been based in Bradford for the whole World Cup.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Depends, where i grew up Rugby is RL - RU is Union.  o

Ok most places in the UK Rugby is RU but if your used to saying just Rugby for RL its hard to stop.

It's 2022 though. 

Wheelchair rugby is a different sport.

"Rugby" news sites (globally)do not pick up or display rugby league content. Look at Microsoft for example: their homepage has an extensive sport menu. Rugby is one of the header options. Click it: women's Union everywhere. Zero mention of rugby league.  This is the world we now live in. Not somewhere you grew up 50 years ago. (No offence). 

The guy is in charge of organising the Wheelchair Rugby LEAGUE World Cup, and you are excusing him getting the name of the sport wrong?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

It's 2022 though. 

Wheelchair rugby is a different sport.

"Rugby" news sites (globally)do not pick up or display rugby league content. Look at Microsoft for example: their homepage has an extensive sport menu. Rugby is one of the header options. Click it: women's Union everywhere. Zero mention of rugby league.  This is the world we now live in. Not somewhere you grew up 50 years ago. (No offence). 

The guy is in charge of organising the Wheelchair Rugby LEAGUE World Cup, and you are excusing him getting the name of the sport wrong?

Depends who's putting the pages together mate.

If the lad who set the sports pages up on Microsoft was fre Wuckinton it would be all RL - and 10 pages on Town every day. 

I've enjoyed some of this world cup especially the wheelchair comp and the aus-nz mens game but seeing as this is the negativity  thread I'll be honest on what I'll remember looking back on this tournament:

#### up of an opening ceremony

Nowhere to buy official teamwear just weird knock off looking tops on the official website

Crowds lower than football's Papa John's Pizza trophy 

England bottling it despite it being fixed for them to make the final

Tonight's unprofessional referee, something I've never seen anything like before, in any sport

I love rugby league but to claim this world cup as a success (the mens tournament anyway) is quite frankly delusional. I know lots will disagree but that's my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

I've enjoyed some of this world cup especially the wheelchair comp and the aus-nz mens game but seeing as this is the negativity  thread I'll be honest on what I'll remember looking back on this tournament:

Nowhere to buy official teamwear just weird knock off looking tops on the official website

Tonight's unprofessional referee, something I've never seen anything like before, in any sport

I love rugby league but to claim this world cup as a success (the mens tournament anyway) is quite frankly delusional. I know lots will disagree but that's my opinion. 

Almost nobody on here has claimed it was a success. Far from it, we're all gutted it has been a bit rubbish truth be told (one or two honourable exceptions) 

And as someone who last week was almost slashing his wrists over the state of the international game, I don't feel as bad now.

Yes , Australia will win but ATEOTD, that's RL, 99.9% of the time the best team wins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

Lots won’t disagree . Anyone claiming  The mens tournament has been a success is simply avoiding reality . In no way has the mens edition reached anywhere near its potential ( as outlined by Mr Dutton before we started )  Fault lies squarely at the door of the organisers . I just wish we had a proper organisation team leading this it could and should have been amazing.

• Like 1