13 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

If Vossy and Graham called the Final you'd have no complaints from me! 

Interesting to see some of the comments sections on Aus based social media also enjoyed that pairing compared to some the NRL combinations they have. Dave Woods on form can be alright but it's night and day when compared with AV. 

Vossy and Graham did combine really well. At the start Graham seemed a left field choice but has done really well so far.

• Like 3

Really enjoyed Graham as he clearly brings insight, but he's not too serious with it, hence the Bennett chat; i also think that he'll only get better as he gets more comfortable in the role. A little less shouty and saying Vossy in every sentence would help.

• Like 5

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

17 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Really enjoyed Graham as he clearly brings insight, but he's not too serious with it, hence the Bennett chat; i also think that he'll only get better as he gets more comfortable in the role. A little less shouty and saying Vossy in every sentence would help.

I agree.  I had not realised that Graham had such an abundance of articulacy, which is the key ingredient lacking in many ex-players in commentating teams.  It means that not only can you see how a game is about to, or has, panned out, but you actually have the ability to explain that clearly to your audience, most of whom will never have played the game.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I agree.  I had not realised that Graham had such an abundance of articulacy, which is the key ingredient lacking in many ex-players in commentating teams.  It means that not only can you see how a game is about to, or has, panned out, but you actually have the ability to explain that clearly to your audience, most of whom will never have played the game.

I was really impressed with Graham and thought the pairing was excellent. If I was Fox League I would be looking at pairing them up next season.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Regular spot on NRL360 has helped in this regard. 

He's clearly looking for something post playing and i hope he sticks with the broadcasting as he's potentially very very good at it.

• Like 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

58 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Regular spot on NRL360 has helped in this regard. 

He's clearly looking for something post playing and i hope he sticks with the broadcasting as he's potentially very very good at it.

Interestingly in his podcast there is an  interview with Gordon Tallis. Tallis says to him on a subject  they are discussing you sound like a coach do you want to pursue coaching. Immediately, he replies no I know the person that would make me i have been that person and do not want to be that person again.

I recommend  his podcast " The Bye Round" It is one I have stuck with.

• Like 4

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

15 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Interestingly in his podcast there is an  interview with Gordon Tallis. Tallis says to him on a subject  they are discussing you sound like a coach do you want to pursue coaching. Immediately, he replies no I know the person that would make me i have been that person and do not want to be that person again.

I recommend  his podcast " The Bye Round" It is one I have stuck with.

It's very good. Yes. 

He's also doing something on Concussion which i suspect will be released when NRL season starts.

I'll be going through his bins later, so any requests, let me know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Graham is good because he's only recently retired and was at the very top level so he knows his stuff about the modern game.

Makes you wonder how some still keep getting work. He obviously knows the current NRL players as well, which is lacking in their team of experts.

• Like 2