1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/22 at 19:00

Thaler wanted to hear his own voice and forgot to actually look at the action.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

….and the Aussie viewers are introduced to the British video reffing system. No balls to overrule the on field decision. I think only Robert Hicks ever uses his judgment in that situation.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

I can't be too harsh on the officials there.

It was sent up no try and I think we all thought he didn't get it down on first viewing. 

And then the video ref didn't have conclusive proof it didn't touch the line.

If it wad sent up try it would have been a try but the process is not the fault of the officials here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Roy Haggerty said:

I cannot for the life of me work out how Thaler just persuaded himself that wasn’t a try! And I’m supporting Tonga here. 

Guessing as the on field call was no try, then it has to be a clear try....

Could I say it was 100% in field.... no....but i'd still have given it 😆

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Dunbar said:

I can't be too harsh on the officials there.

It was sent up no try and I think we all thought he didn't get it down on first viewing. 

And then the video ref didn't have conclusive proof it didn't touch the line.

If it wad sent up try it would have been a try but the process is not the fault of the officials here.

Instead of watching 80 replays just say 'I'm going to go with whatever the on field ref said" and move on then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.