1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/22 at 19:00

5 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

If anything the opposite would happen PNG don’t get tired and will fight till the end. If there’s ever a team that don’t fall off at the back ends of games it’s the Kumuls.

I think the only person on earth who predicted 60-6 (if anyone did) would be a rugby union fan who expected a similar score to ENG-SAM in union, but they probably would have guessed 60-5.

Nah........5 is not divisible by 3.....

Really looking forward to this one. After some good games but no real close ones, I'm hoping this one will be both a great spectacle and a tight affair. Tonga should have too much for the PNG pack but if PNG can hang with them, they have the players to really punish a team if they get on the front foot. 

After being sick of seeing Ipape sprinting through Fev, I'm quite looking forward to seeing how he goes here.

• Like 3

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Crazy to me this game doesn't make BBC2?! Suppose BBC Three is better than under the red button but that game followed by the Rob Burrow doc would've really worked. 

Looking forward to the game - hoping it's close. I agree BBC2 on a Tuesday night would be reasonable, but for me the big issue with BBC coverage is that their website RL page doesn't even advertise the fact that the game will be shown live without you clicking through to the Live Coverage schedule in the corner of the page. By mid-afternoon on the matchday, they should really be adding content promoting that evening's game very prominently.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not counting for the Kumuls being smaller in size but sculptured out of granite, and across the park probably more fleeter of foot than Tonga, if PNG can keep Tui Lolohea in check they can go a long way to winning this, he says hopefully.

Oi, how come he didn't get the "personally" treatment?...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

I'm not watching the WC

Sounds sensible.  I mean, why would someone who has made over 23,000 posts on a Rugby League fan site watch the sports World Cup on a free to air national broadcaster.

• Haha 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Oi, how come he didn't get the "personally" treatment?...

I'm OK with it to be honest.  I am happy with selective criticism as long as I am on the right side of it.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

This game still isn't getting it's own thumbnail on the BBC website's RL page 22 mins before it kicks off live on the Beeb itself. I get that they may see other sports stories as more 'headline' but not even really mentioning your own live coverage of a world cup fixture in the next half hour on the sports own page is a dismal decision.

• Like 2

Big blow for PNG to lose Coates to injury. They're also missing two other outside backs in Gebbie and Ngutlik. Dan Russell moves from 2nd Row to the wing, which is a double blow because it means he's one of their biggest forwards and they're up against a massive Tongan pack.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Sounds sensible.  I mean, why would someone who has made over 23,000 posts on a Rugby League fan site watch the sports World Cup on a free to air national broadcaster.

Absolutely. I wondered that. Who needs enemies when you have friends like this.